INFI in the Woods - An East Coast Camping Trip - Weekend of 4/28/17

I do actually have some safe shooting lanes along the side of the mountain where the land curves. Shooting is fine with me if you would like to. The rule on my land is that shooting is absolutely not a drinking sport, which I'm pretty sure we all know and understand, but I just want to be 100% clear on that. We are there to have a good time, but a safe time nonetheless. :)
They'll have to stay at home in the safe this year. I'd rather see the safe backdrop as the .308 is deadly past a mile. Maybe next year.

I'm bringing Bulleit. So not only will we eat well, we will drink well, too! And smoke well.

That's appropriate for a Busse fan GTG. Jerry would be proud.

Hey, Jerry and Garth ... maybe you guys should come?

That sounds like a great idea all around. I'm a fan of Bulleit as well.

I have 44 bags of mulch I'm supposed to be spreading around the yard, but I decided to take a break to gather up some "camping tools" for the trip. Not all of the folders will be open game to beat on next weekend, but the fixed blades will be!

I have 44 bags of mulch I'm supposed to be spreading around the yard, but I decided to take a break to gather up some "camping tools" for the trip. Not all of the folders will be open game to beat on next weekend, but the fixed blades will be!

ZMBHNTR, what is that longest folder with the key on it? Me like. Never seen one like it!

ZMBHNTR, what is that longest folder with the key on it? Me like. Never seen one like it!

Thanks! That one is a full custom Chaves Redencion. It's actually the first custom I ever got on a list for. It took about 2 years to get it after I got on the list, but it turned out pretty great.

Thanks! That one is a full custom Chaves Redencion. It's actually the first custom I ever got on a list for. It took about 2 years to get it after I got on the list, but it turned out pretty great.

Wow man, that thing is a TANK!!! A classy one at that. Thanks for the reply!

Besides all the great knives to try out and use, the food should be amazing...

Looking forward to grilled cowboy steaks on Sat. night.......

my own meager contribution for Sat. lunch ... Beef Barbacoa....

c10c56f78729c7c131ff674e444255a2.jpg

That looks killer Guy :thumbsup:
I've never done steaks caveman style directly on hot coals, but I remember Jerry posting something about it years back, so I've always wanted to do it.

Last edited:
Can't wait!!!!!
Work is a PITA this week, this trip is heavily needed.
I can't stress enough to the people on the fence, what a cool opportunity this is,, but hey, more ice cold bud light for me ;)

What my land looked like after the last INFI camping trip!

o-DEFORESTATION-facebook.jpg

That looks killer Guy :thumbsup:
I've never done steaks caveman style directly on hot coals, but I remember Jerry posting something about it years back, so I've always wanted to do it.

I've done this, many years ago in the Scouts. Wood selection is important, as you need a wood that makes good coals that last, and that don't produce a lot of surface ashes. If I remember correctly, oak works well.

Back