Informal get together?

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Not sure how it is for you guys but this time of year is boring. I thought about taking a Sat. and having some folks come to the shop and head down to where we camp and have a get together. Build a campfire, practice skills, play with sharp things, cook some chow and maybe have a trade table.
Thoughts?
Scott

I would be interested in learning some stuff, but for an afternoon it's like a 7 hour drive for me

I just got home from a 4 hr tradeathon with Andster at his house, but I can rustle up some more stuff ;). I'm up for any Saturday. Great idea.

Campfire and cook pot sound good too!

Last edited:
Count me in. I occasionally have to work Saturdays, but I will make every effort to be there. Sounds fun.

Mapquest says it's only 1350 miles from my house, so I better have a few days' notice! :eek:

I would be interested in learning some stuff, but for an afternoon it's like a 7 hour drive for me

I'd be up for an overniter, Sat. into Sun. if anyone is interested. Besides, I've got a new cold weather sleeping bag to test out. :)
Scott

I'd be up for an overniter, Sat. into Sun. if anyone is interested. Besides, I've got a new cold weather sleeping bag to test out. :)
Scott
Overnighter works for me. I have a zero degree bag. I haven't really used it in anything colder than thirty though. The weather will dictate whether I hang from a tree or tent it.

I'm in the middle of moving in to a new house, so I'm out for this one, but if you plan another next month I'd be up for it

I'm in the middle of moving in to a new house, so I'm out for this one, but if you plan another next month I'd be up for it

I was thinking of sometime next month. Whatever works for those that want to come. I can work around what fits everyone elses schedule. Mine is flexible on the weekend more so then during the week.
Scott

I was thinking of sometime next month. Whatever works for those that want to come. I can work around what fits everyone elses schedule. Mine is flexible on the weekend more so then during the week.
Scott

I would definitely be up for a day time event. Can't do an overnighter in my own bed these days :(, but, I would be up for some cold weather skills practice. A good campfire, simmering cookpot and great people. Sounds like a plan to me.

Sounds like fun, we are doing the same thing at my shop this Saturday. Always good to get together with old friends.

Back