Integral Folder "prototype"

I need a higher paying job. This thing has got me going crazy. After looking at this thread for so long I've come to the conclusion that it needs No clip and a Gary Graley sheath. I guess I'll have to keep dreaming though.

Heh. Serial number 11 here. Guess I wasn't fast enuff on the ole Email button. :)

Can't hardly wait..........

Just placed my order with Phil at 2the hilt for one. Looks like an 8 to 10 week wait. Man I can't wait!

I got a chance to pick this knife up at the Blade show last week and it is even better than it looks. The design is extremely comfortable and the workmanship is excellent. I have a couple of Sebenza's, but I prefer Scott's design.:)

Originally posted by hdiller
I got a chance to pick this knife up at the Blade show last week and it is even better than it looks. The design is extremely comfortable and the workmanship is excellent. I have a couple of Sebenza's, but I prefer Scott's design.:)

I was also able to handle this knife at the Blade show, and each of your statements are correct.

I am pretty excited as well, Scott is poised to make a major name for himself with this project. It really raises the bar on integral folders and sets him apart with a stellar crowd of makers.

I've been waiting for this moment for sooo long.
I got my S90V Lochsa yesterday. Excellent, exceptional, terrific, superb top notch and so on :) I am really excited.
Unfortunately I am still waiting for my new digicam to arrive, or I'd post pix... Later.
Great work Scott!!!

Gator97,

Congratulations! I have one of the protos and it's an outstanding knife. I'm curious as to why you went with S90V rather than S30V?

Originally posted by gaben
Gator97,

Congratulations! I have one of the protos and it's an outstanding knife. I'm curious as to why you went with S90V rather than S30V?

Higher wear resistance. I consider Lochsa high performance cutter, and given its size I won't be chopping aluminum tubes with it anyways. Therefore I choose S90V, which according to all data I've seen has better wear resistance when properly heat treated :)

AFAIK mr. P. Boss does treatment for Scott's knives, and he is one of the best in the area.

Overall it costed me more, but I do like Lochsa a lot and why not to go with the best materials, knowing that I'd get the best craftsmanship and heat treatment.
Makes sense?

Gator97,

Whenever I've thought about ordering a knive with S90V, the maker has talked me out of it. I enjoy sharpening knives, so the abrasion resistance would probably be lost on me.

Chip,

I know that Scott Cook has been promising a smaller Lochsa, but given the strength and rigidity of the integral frame, I'd like to see a bigger one (5.5"). My edc is a 5.5" folder. Of course I'll probably be waiting a really really long time for that ...

Thanks Chip. I'd love to see the small one, and I be happy to get my hands on 5.5 as well ;)
Gaben, I like sharpening too, and because of that I don't mind a knife that is "difficult to sharpen" :)

P.S. Interesting huh, for the same reason we choose differnt steels ;)

Timely post indeed. Scott emailed me today and said that Lochsa #13 would finally be shipped out tomorrow. I also opted for the S90V. Pricey but what the hell, I really like the steel.

I also picked up a second hand one NIB a month or so ago, this time in S30V. This is no slouch either and cuts like crazy. These are great knives and I simply have not seen such a refined, working folder of this caliber anywhere. Everything is perfect with not an "oops" to be found. If you are in the market for a "perfected" EDC, this is your ticket. If you are even considering a Sebenza, drop the extra cash and get one of these. They are certainly worth every penny.

Back