Off Topic Interviewing for a new gig

I wanted to share with everyone because I'm super excited...but I can't tell anybody here in stwmland yet so:

Looks like I have made it through the four rounds of preliminary interviews...
And they're going to fly me in for a half day of interviews....
I'm hoping to get an offer...and hoping it is good enough to move.
It's the perfect job at the perfect company. I'll just miss my extended family and hometown yknow...

But .... trading in NY for TN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO the south! no more evil commie ny!

I love my governer:
"… You're seeing that play out in New York. … The Republican party candidates are running against the SAFE Act – it was voted for by moderate Republicans who run the Senate! Their problem is not me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves. Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that's who they are and they're the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that's not who New Yorkers are."

Fine, where's the door? No state taxes there, either....

So anybody down nashville-way, let me know... I'm going to need local knowledge and insights to get my bearings and make this work.

We left the northeast in 1997 for the south/southeast and have never looked back. Florida, Texas and now Georgia have been called home, just a short flight away from Friends and Family back in the NE. Except, the smart ones all left as well, leaving very little to go back and visit. We're going to do a 3 day DC visit with the kids for the museums and country history, but will be back in Atlanta before that week ends. We don't miss the weather or snow or having to slow down to 15 mph to pay a toll??? (in TX they read tolls at speed where the limit was 70-90mph).

And there are a number of Knife, Sheath, Other Makers pretty local to TN, so multiple visits while "working" could be in your future.

You like skeeters? Hope it all works out for ya! Good luck on them interviews. Somebody would have to pay me a lot of money to move all my crap! Just packin up all my Khuks would be a task.

I'd rather be homeless in Tennessee than well off in NY myself.

I would have already moved myself, actually I never would have lived in NY in the first place.

No job is worth that.

Hope it works out for ya, TN is nice country, not to far from SC.

Bawanna I hear you loud and clear brother!!! It has always been on my bucket list just for the experience but somehow i feel ill be across that river before seeing that big city. I hear the Northern parts like Syracuse and such is really nice. I got accepted to graduate school there but and almost went but ended up staying in TX. I freakin hate Houston and Dallas even worse. I could only bet NY city would be 100 times worse. TN would be really cool I'd think as well as SC! I always wanted to visit the Appalachians. I know I could find you Pugs! All I got to do is map the beaver population and put a dot in the middle of the Beaver-void area and there you are:D. Theres prolly a cell fone app for that nowadays.

I wanted to share with everyone because I'm super excited...but I can't tell anybody here in stwmland yet so:

Looks like I have made it through the four rounds of preliminary interviews...
And they're going to fly me in for a half day of interviews....
I'm hoping to get an offer...and hoping it is good enough to move.
It's the perfect job at the perfect company. I'll just miss my extended family and hometown yknow...

Good luck brother!

I do love Northern NY. It is beautiful. I will miss my friends, church, family....

But yeahp, I won't miss the politics.

I was born and grew up in upstate NY, in the Binghamton area. Beautiful country there, especially a little further north around the finger lakes, but unfortunately the state is controlled by all those idiots in NYC. And the lake effect storms in the winter can be pretty brutal! But since moving to New Mexico in 1976, I've found that I like the desert and mountains even better, and would never consider moving back to NY.

Back