Introducing Hogue's Newest Knife: The X5 Button Lock Flipper

Announcing our brand new knife model: The X5. Built with our new, revolutionary deployment technology, the X5 button lock flipper provides class-leading smoothness and an action that works as well as a natural reflex.

Available in 2 different blade styles and 2 frame colors.

Check out the full press release for details and pricing.

_DSC3838_zps2hzkgth2.jpg

_DSC3903_zpsidft4j9b.jpg

_DSC3867_zpspotzlp1n.jpg

Very nice! Always impressed with the quality of my Hogue knives, and unique and functional design features. Thank you.

Wow, really liking both, but the Wharncliffe looks amazing! Been waiting for awhile to try a Hogue and that will be my first.

Last edited:
Loving the blue drop point harpoon. Excellent job, Hogue.

Almost forgot, any chance of getting some specs and maybe a target release date?

Thank you for visiting Bladeforums! Your knives are of very high quality and deserve to get more play here---perhaps we can fix that.

I, personally, would prefer the handles to be G10/G-mascus/Micarta like your other knives instead of aluminum, because if you carry an aluminum anodized knife for a year, the color is wearing off, dings are showing, etc., which is not the end of the world but always bugs me a little bit on a $200+ knife. Carry a micarta folder for a year, and unless you slid on your motorcycle or are in the habit of dropping it on concrete, it looks exactly like it did when you bought it. That said, I love your button locks, I applaud the switch to CPM154 (just a little nicer than 154CM in almost every regard in terms of use, beyond being just a little more palatable to knife knuts since it's, you know, newer and sexier ;) ), and I think both blade profiles are very unique without being pointlessly weird in shape which would limit usability. Don't get me wrong, I may forgive the aluminum scales and buy one anyway because I love flippers and I love button locks, but if you'd put your considerable G10 carving abilities to work and produce non-aluminum handled versions, I might buy a couple of each. :D

Thank you for visiting Bladeforums! Your knives are of very high quality and deserve to get more play here---perhaps we can fix that.

I, personally, would prefer the handles to be G10/G-mascus/Micarta like your other knives instead of aluminum, because if you carry an aluminum anodized knife for a year, the color is wearing off, dings are showing, etc., which is not the end of the world but always bugs me a little bit on a $200+ knife. Carry a micarta folder for a year, and unless you slid on your motorcycle or are in the habit of dropping it on concrete, it looks exactly like it did when you bought it. That said, I love your button locks, I applaud the switch to CPM154 (just a little nicer than 154CM in almost every regard in terms of use, beyond being just a little more palatable to knife knuts since it's, you know, newer and sexier ;) ), and I think both blade profiles are very unique without being pointlessly weird in shape which would limit usability. Don't get me wrong, I may forgive the aluminum scales and buy one anyway because I love flippers and I love button locks, but if you'd put your considerable G10 carving abilities to work and produce non-aluminum handled versions, I might buy a couple of each. :D

Hey, thanks for the suggestions and friendly discussion! Your advice has been considered :thumbup:

Love your EX-01 and these new designs are very exciting! Love the high quality and the materials too. Aluminum, G10, or titanium it is all good. Thanks for staying relevant in today's market!

I'm just now catching wind of this new knife from Hogue. The design definitely has my interest. I second the request to make some g10 handled X5s in the same fashion as the G-mascus EX01.
On another note;
I wonder has Hogue considered making a smaller 3" folder with a button lock? Maybe targeted more towards an edc tool and less towards self defense. The Hogue/Elishewitz rendition of the button lock is outstanding and to top it off you guys are pulling off quality machining second to none in a production knife. A smaller more pocketable design with a more traditional blade shape would get a lot of people's attention.

Love the styling of these knives - especially the spear point.

Any chance the 4" spear point will be available in blue?

Back