Introduction and thanks

Greetings to all,

I am new here, but have been reading this forum avidly for several weeks now. I would like to pass on my sincere thanks to all of you knowledgeable (and fun!) people who have educated me so much in such a short space of time.

While I have been an edged weapon collector for over two decades, I have never owned a Khukuri. Shame on me...but I hope to rectify that today. [EDIT: Just got the famous "Done Deal" on my first Khukuri - exciting stuff]

Initially I smiled a wee bit when I read some of you admitting to a Khukuri addiction, but I am now beginning to understand the fascination. I may be becoming addicted myself...and who knew you could become addicted to something, without even owning one! But the beauty and heritage of these fine weapons has become awe-inspiring to me.

To hear all of you speak with such fondness and admiration for Auntie Yangdu and Himalayan Imports is really confidence building. A great Lady running a great Company devoted to excellent customer service? Where do you find that these days in a world of ever increasing corporate greed and lack of respect for consumers? And if my small contribution to the cause helps provide more work for the amazingly talented and hard working Kami's? Well that is just a bonus for me. I will be pleased, proud and privileged to become an HI customer.

Thank you all again.

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck with the addiction overall. Me, personally? I like to think of it more obsessive compulsive behavior, I have to come up with a neat acronym for it.

Enjoy the forum, it's a complex community with knowledge beyond anything you'll find anywhere else, read the ickies and follow the forum specific rules listed at the top of each one and you'll have a great time following and feeding your addiction. :)

Welcome and enjoy, there are some really good folks around here and Yangdu is a true gem of a person!

Back