Is Ganzo Firebird F753M1 any good, please share your opinon if you have one !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is Ganzo's warranty policy.
I have never used it (didn't have a reason to send a knife in):

"Ganzo company provides a one-year guarantee for the entire list of its products from the date of its purchase. Ganzo ensures completely those guarantees that are provided for knives, sharpeners and multi-tools. At the same time if a production defect is detected (which is unlikely, since all products are thoroughly tested at every stage of production), the customer has the right to exchange the product for another within two weeks after purchase.Ganzo guarantees that all knives, multi-tools and sharpeners can be used immediately after purchase and do not require any additional preparation. The tools for which this is true are already qualitatively sharpened, all elements are carefully adjusted so that there are no gaps, and the product is complete.

Even in intensive daily use Ganzo multi-tools, knives and sharpeners will properly serve its owner for a long period of time. If, however, under the terms of correct operation, any tool fails, its replacement or repair will be totally free. To do this, you should send the broken knife or multi-tool to a service center for a complete diagnosis, identification of possible causes and repair techniques. All this work will be carried out as soon as possible. However, the customer should carefully review the terms of the guarantee and those cases where it can be lost.

Also to be noted is that the long guarantee period Ganzo company ensures because only high-quality materials including 440 stainless steel (it is mainly 440C solid steel which retains well the sharpening) are used in production of knives, sharpeners and multi-tools. Ganzo provides individual characteristics for each model of knife, multi-tool, or sharpeners. It is of equal importance that with the same quality Ganzo products are essentially more affordable."
2 week warranty. Great bit of words.

For real knife lovers there is no competition. Ganzo, and you, have done their damage. Neither will be forgotten.

Last edited:
I usually avoid Ganzo threads but fate brought one of their knives into my life. The Ganzo warranty was tested by someone I know on a Ganzo 729. It is a rip off design of Spyderco PM2 with Benchmade's Axis lock.
My buddy knows I'm a knife enthusiast and asked my opinion. After looking at the knife I found their Axis lock does not engage as deep as my TRUE Axis locks from Benchmade. It also takes a lot of force to work the lock and it cuts into the finger.
This knife also rattled when shaken. This was the reason he asked my opinion. The cause was a loose stop pin. I told him the lock "could" slip and he could get hurt bad and the stop pin was already loose. I wouldn't trust It. He sent e-mail after e-mail and was never offered any support AT ALL.
Data point #1. 1 bad knife. 0 Customer support.
Spyderco and Benchmade never treat their customers like this. Think about that before you risk "saving" money by supporting companies like Ganzo. I love Byrd knives and know where they are made. I am just talking about a company's product (1 sample) and lack of customer support. (1 incident).

I usually avoid Ganzo threads but fate brought one of their knives into my life. The Ganzo warranty was tested by someone I know on a Ganzo 729. It is a rip off design of Spyderco PM2 with Benchmade's Axis lock.
My buddy knows I'm a knife enthusiast and asked my opinion. After looking at the knife I found their Axis lock does not engage as deep as my TRUE Axis locks from Benchmade. It also takes a lot of force to work the lock and it cuts into the finger.
This knife also rattled when shaken. This was the reason he asked my opinion. The cause was a loose stop pin. I told him the lock "could" slip and he could get hurt bad and the stop pin was already loose. I wouldn't trust It. He sent e-mail after e-mail and was never offered any support AT ALL.
Spyderco and Benchmade never treat their customers like this. Think about that before you risk "saving" money by supporting companies like Ganzo. I love Byrd knives and know where they are made. I am just talking about a company's product (1 sample) and lack of customer support. (1 incident).
Well, like I've stated earlier - I've never used their warranty service, so can't confirm or disprove this.
As for the model, it is pretty known that Ganzo G72X series had their share of lock problems, so I'd recommend getting the G739 and higher for better lockup and overall quality.

Last edited:
I've had a similar experience with the Ganzo "warranty". When an Omega spring broke on a Ganzo Benchmade rip-off I was testing, I emailed several times requesting the replacement parts. I wasn't going to use the knife, but I was mostly curious to see if I got a response and/or replacement part. Over the course of 5 emails during a two month span, I never got a response of any kind. On the sixth email I got a response that made no sense due to an extreme language barrier (I think) so I gave up trying. I think they were telling me to ship the knife to them so they could inspect for defective "tooling or application", whatever that is. If you're buying a Ganzo, you're essentially buying an unsupported knife. This was some years ago so I can't speak for their current level of response.

Really though, are you going to spend $25 and 3 months round trip shipping to get warranty service on a $20 knife? Ganzo claiming they have a warranty is more of joke than anything. They're throw away knives as soon as they develop an issue.

I've had a similar experience with the Ganzo "warranty". When an Omega spring broke on a Ganzo Benchmade rip-off I was testing, I emailed several times requesting the replacement parts. I wasn't going to use the knife, but I was mostly curious to see if I got a response and/or replacement part. Over the course of 5 emails during a two month span, I never got a response of any kind. On the sixth email I got a response that made no sense due to an extreme language barrier (I think) so I gave up trying. I think they were telling me to ship the knife to them so they could inspect for defective "tooling or application", whatever that is. If you're buying a Ganzo, you're essentially buying an unsupported knife. This was some years ago so I can't speak for their current level of response.

Really though, are you going to spend $25 and 3 months round trip shipping to get warranty service on a $20 knife? Ganzo claiming they have a warranty is more of joke than anything. They're throw away knives as soon as they develop an issue.

That sounds like my friend's experience. Having all my fingers at my age is a good thing. I plan on safeguarding them for as long as I can. I'll keep supporting companies that stand behind their products like I always have. Others are free to spend how they please but buyer beware.

I looked at a bunch of Ganzo autos a few weeks ago at a gun show. Within multiples of the same model, there was a wide variety of fit/finish, I'd never buy one through the mail. With each model there was a design flaw in the ergonomics or the blade shape. Only one design was intriguing enough to buy, but I won't trust a cheap auto in my pocket...even if it had a safety and this one didn't. I would never trust any low end knife company to actually deliver 440C. It was a premium steel (is still for some). If you buy one of these and expect the warranty to be real...would you like to buy a bridge? :)

Dude, be real here, you support theft and enjoy coming up with excuses to justify it. The only people around here that will agree with you do the same thing. Those people are few. Most here have ability recognise right and wrong. You and those like you do not. Take care now. Watch those fingers with your counterfeit knives;)

More excuses to legitimize counterfeiting.

Nope. Most people here don't buy knock offs from crap companies. We don't need to eat dog poop to know it tastes bad.

This sums the issue up very well and explains why the vast majority of us here have such a problem with counterfeits, copies, and clones.

In one instance. How many have you tried (to sell)?

For real knife lovers there is no competition. Ganzo, and you, have done their damage. Neither will be forgotten.

Well, I'm just going to leave these here:
UfXMGSJ.jpg

MHNrA2u.jpg

Well, I'm just going to leave these here:
UfXMGSJ.jpg

MHNrA2u.jpg
And now you are taking your pathetic attempt at character assassination out of whine and cheese and into the regular forums. Real classy and shows just what you are about here. All you want to do is promote you precious counterfeits no matter what.

I'll say what I said to you over there. When I was new I did purchase some of these "clones". They were mostly garbage. I then took the time to research the whole counterfeit issue here on bfc. I learned a lot from many great members and some great companies like sal at spyderco. I bought those few knives without knowing any better like a lot of new people here. I learned different because of this place and have since been returning the favor by trying to educate people on what counterfeiting does to the legit knife industry, this hobby, and the bfc community here.

I never denied or hid those old posts you are for some reason taking the time to dig up (don't you have something better to do, guess not). Notice how I didn't delete them? Nor am I ashamed of them. They are part of the learning path I was on at the time and have led me to where I am now: a firm anti counterfeit advocate.

It is not you or the few other counterfeit supporters I am trying to convince not to support this garbage. It is the new people who we don't even know are reading this that my advice is for, much like the many posts I read when I was learning about this subject. If you are new and don't know any better and have purchased a few clones it is not too late. You can still get on the right path. Learn from all the knowledge that is here for you, much like I did.

Wow! Just...wow!
Cray, I think you have a stalker. This is creepy as hell. Atech has way too much time on their hands.

If I were you, I'd stay away from dense bushes and dark alleys. We know he probably has a knife or two.

Well, quoting items from WC and bringing it out into the rest of the forums is not allowed. If you have a problem with someone, take it to and leave it in W/C, Don't try and be a cutesy hero and spread the BS all over the place because you may find yourself on the receiving end of some infractions for not adhering to the rules.

I'm going to leave this here for certain people that cannot be bothered to read and follow simple rules.

And now you are taking your pathetic attempt at character assassination out of whine and cheese and into the regular forums. Real classy and shows just what you are about here. All you want to do is promote you precious counterfeits no matter what.

I'll say what I said to you over there. When I was new I did purchase some of these "clones". They were mostly garbage. I then took the time to research the whole counterfeit issue here on bfc. I learned a lot from many great members and some great companies like sal at spyderco. I bought those few knives without knowing any better like a lot of new people here. I learned different because of this place and have since been returning the favor by trying to educate people on what counterfeiting does to the legit knife industry, this hobby, and the bfc community here.

I never denied or hid those old posts you are for some reason taking the time to dig up (don't you have something better to do, guess not). Notice how I didn't delete them? Nor am I ashamed of them. They are part of the learning path I was on at the time and have led me to where I am now: a firm anti counterfeit advocate.

It is not you or the few other counterfeit supporters I am trying to convince not to support this garbage. It is the new people who we don't even know are reading this that my advice is for, much like the many posts I read when I was learning about this subject. If you are new and don't know any better and have purchased a few clones it is not too late. You can still get on the right path. Learn from all the knowledge that is here for you, much like I did.

I didn't post this to assassinate your character, you did a pretty good job yourself by saying those things that I quoted, when you used to own a bunch of "clones" by yourself back in the day and used the same exact reasons that you go against now.
I mean - you could literally bash yourself from 2 years ago with those quotes :).

I have nothing against the path that you went on, on the contrary, but the fact that you now go after the folks that walk on the exact same path seems like pure hypocrisy to me. That definitely doesn't give you the right to be any sort of anti-clone advocate (even if you graduated from a knife version of the "5 monkeys and a ladder experiment"), when you stated yourself that:
- "They (clones) fill a roll for me".
- "Because of Ganzo & SRM Benchmade now has thousands of my dollars".
- "I only kept a few for various reasons. I have the Snody knock off since it is hard to come by a legit one and it is a great design."
- "I still have a SRM 710 because it is a great little inexpensive knife. I keep it in a cabinet in the kitchen. It gets used for all sorts of nasty tasks I wouldn't want to do with my nice blades."
After saying things like that - how could you bash on a newcomer that says the same exact things, when it is obvious clones shaped your learning path in the knife world?
And as you stated you even sold some clones after you "saw the light", which makes you... a shill.

Back to the subject of the thread - my point is that Ganzos, Enlans and Sanrenmus do have a role in the knife world, and you should judge them from a newcomer's point of view and not the satiated knife collector who have tried it all (including those same exact knives).

They do not have a roll because they are using other companies designs that they clearly have no business using.

Also if you had clones and you saw the light, that's good to make others like he once was see the light as well.

I didn't post this to assassinate your character, you did a pretty good job yourself by saying those things that I quoted, when you used to own a bunch of "clones" by yourself back in the day and used the same exact reasons that you go against now.
I mean - you could literally bash yourself from 2 years ago with those quotes :).

I have nothing against the path that you went on, on the contrary, but the fact that you now go after the folks that walk on the exact same path seems like pure hypocrisy to me. That definitely doesn't give you the right to be any sort of anti-clone advocate (even if you graduated from a knife version of the "5 monkeys and a ladder experiment"), when you stated yourself that:
- "They (clones) fill a roll for me".
- "Because of Ganzo & SRM Benchmade now has thousands of my dollars".
- "I only kept a few for various reasons. I have the Snody knock off since it is hard to come by a legit one and it is a great design."
- "I still have a SRM 710 because it is a great little inexpensive knife. I keep it in a cabinet in the kitchen. It gets used for all sorts of nasty tasks I wouldn't want to do with my nice blades."
After saying things like that - how could you bash on a newcomer that says the same exact things, when it is obvious clones shaped your learning path in the knife world?
And as you stated you even sold some clones after you "saw the light", which makes you... a shill.

Back to the subject of the thread - my point is that Ganzos, Enlans and Sanrenmus do have a role in the knife world, and you should judge them from a newcomer's point of view and not the satiated knife collector who have tried it all (including those same exact knives).
I only wish someone like me told me what I know now, which as it turns out, is exactly what I am doing for other folks. I'm fine with that. Sorry if it interferes with your counterfeit peddling business. Might as well get use to it though because myself and the majority of members here aren't going away and we don't agree with you. We looked at the facts and recognize what is right and wrong.

And unlike you I am going to heed the warning from rev as this personal attack you have attempted on me (and failed) started in whine and cheese and you chose to bring it here. Good day.

If I was crossing a footbridge and found out that it was shoddy and rickety, I'd damn sure warn people about it. Doesn't make me a hypocrite for having walked across it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back