Is Ganzo Firebird F753M1 any good, please share your opinon if you have one !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are just concerned with the law, US patents have no jurisdiction in China. Ganzo is doing nothing illegal. It is the resellers importing them into the US that are acting against the law. People can't have it both ways, it is either legal or not. You can't chose where you want to apply the law when it suits you and ignore where it doesn't without being hypocritical. That is the root of my post's intent.

If someone lives in the US and purchases a Ganzo knife, the law has been broken; who broke the law is immaterial when it was broken. The company might be based in a country where the patent is not valid nor respected, but that doesn't give them the right to sell their products in a country where the patent is valid, either they keep their sales in their own country or they face patent law infringement selling them here.

Is a law being broken by selling these knives in the US? Yes. Can't get much simpler than that.

Your opinion is noted as in favor of supporting design theft because it's not your problem, it's not a popular opinion here and don't expect that to change.

People keep conflating moral with lawful. They are very frequently in opposition of each other.

Except in this case, when it's both immoral and illegal to sell a patent-law-infringing knife in the country where the patent law is in jurisdiction.

I am just here to register disapproval. :mad:

P.S. That "mad" smiley is awesome. Dude is SUPER steamed.

I am just here to register disapproval. :mad:

P.S. That "mad" smiley is awesome. Dude is SUPER steamed.

I can feel the anger emanating from that angry smiley!! Little scary because he looks quite capable of any dastardly deed!!

Take a minute and give Sal Glesser a chance to explain how clones & counterfeits hurt the industry.
If you can recall the Delica & Endura onslaught that hit Spydie about 10 - 15 years ago, you'll recall that it almost put them out of business.
Exact duplicates with shit materials for half the price. They fell apart quickly and people thought they had real Spyderco knives.
The OP has wasted about $25 on the 2 lower end knives he bought.
Claimed the only reason he bought the ganzo was that's all the money he had........and a few days later comes up with another $15 for the second one??
Really no reason to buy this garbage at all.
There are some decent knives available for ~ $20 from reputable companies.

as posted on page 2...
[video=youtube;POFvVmphQsY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POFvVmphQsY[/video]

You said "If the patent expires and 50+ years later someone uses the axis lock, I probably won't mind."

That is an opinion on the legality of the use of the axis lock.

I also agree that copying designs without agreement or compensation to the original designer, if required by the original designer, is wrong, full stop.

People keep conflating moral with lawful. They are very frequently in opposition of each other.

Also very frequently law and morality coincide. This is one of those times.

They aren't bad ONLY for circumventing a law. Stealing legally is still stealing. And stealing is wrong.

Your opinion is noted as in favor of supporting design theft because it's not your problem, it's not a popular opinion here and don't expect that to change.

Great, another person telling me what I think, plonk... one more to ignore

Also very frequently law and morality coincide. This is one of those times.

They aren't bad ONLY for circumventing a law. Stealing legally is still stealing. And stealing is wrong.

WTF is wrong with your reading comprehension? What part of "I also agree that copying designs without agreement or compensation to the original designer, if required by the original designer, is wrong, full stop" do you not understand?

WTF is wrong with your reading comprehension? What part of "I also agree that copying designs without agreement or compensation to the original designer, if required by the original designer, is wrong, full stop" do you not understand?

Easy tiger. The second part of my post wasn't directed at you.

well hundreds of knives have linerlocks, do they all copy eachothers or as you say "steal the design", of course not... i really don't give a flying fuck if this blade design looks like some microtech knife, as i said i am a teenager and can't afford knives that are like 400 bucks.... everybody is saying its shit because it has a axis lock and a similar bladestyle as a microtech without handeling one, i just wanted someones opinon that does not say that is shit because is "copyed" i just wanted a review of the quality of the build and so on, holy fuck, you can't even make a knife with axislock theese days becuase some jerk thinks its copyed and what not...

flying fuck ... shit ... shit ... holy fuck. You want respect around here, speak to us respectfully. Or go to Whine & Cheese, where that kind of talk is allowed.

Mr. Walker designed the modern liner lock. Mr. Reeve modified it to make the frame lock. Both men left them for the knife world to use, leaving them unpatented. When an inventor does patent his work, we do not respect those who violate that patent.

Reactions: Mo2
I have one, reviewed it as well.
It's awesome, especially considering the price tag.
Was really surprised by the action, fit and finish out of the box, comparable to my genuine Benchmade Griptilian 553.

I have one, reviewed it as well.
It's awesome, especially considering the price tag.
Was really surprised by the action, fit and finish out of the box, comparable to my genuine Benchmade Griptilian 553.
So I guess this is what you want to be around here: a promoter of counterfeiting. Good luck with that. Did you not see what the mod posted directly above you? Have you not read the rules to see the forum's stance on such things?

So I guess this is what you want to be around here: a promoter of counterfeiting. Good luck with that. Did you not see what the mod posted directly above you? Have you not read the rules to see the forum's stance on such things?
Counterfeit of what exactly?
It has a Ganzo/Firebird logo on it and isn't a clone of any model that is known to me, not by size, specs, materials, etc.
It does use the G-Lock, which has a similar concept as an Axis Lock, but they even changed that to look a bit different in this model.
And the model was designed and made after the Axis lock patent has expired.
Your clone hating (and personal hatred towards me) have blinded you that you no longer can see the objective truth.

Whether this particular model has been "altered" from existing designs is irrelevant. Ganzo continues to manufacture models that are clones. As long as they continue, praise of anything they make is shortsighted and ignorant and supporting CLONES. Is that such a difficult concept?

So Atech, is that your M.O. here; seek out dormant threads about clone brands to offer commentary and revive? That kinda makes you a shill.

Weak sauce.

As long as they continue, praise of anything they make is shortsighted and ignorant and supporting CLONES.
I don't agree with that statement. I believe attacking their knives which aren't copies of other knives and people who own those is shortsighted and ignorant.
Why would they ever want to change their line of products if you attack their knives no matter if the model they produce uses other people's design features or not?
BTW - they do produce some knives that have 100% original design and don't need your praise as they are widely popular and sell (by numbers) better than some other established knife brands.

So Atech, is that your M.O. here
I just answered the question in the topic of the thread as I do own this knife.

So Hackenslash, is that your M.O. here? Attack my morals instead of objectively speaking about the knives? That kinda makes you an ignorant hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back