Is the BK5 discontinued?

I just picked up the Magnum Camp a few days ago and am really digging the feel of it. The balance is damn near spot on. I heard this blade was discontinued. Is that true?

It seems all of my favorite Becker models are either disco'd or hard to find.

Suggest you consider picking up another 5 for backup. I'm trying to convince Triggs that we need another 5 – we have three already.

we have three already.
You Can't have an odd number, sell on of them to me!

In all honesty, it is also one of my favorite knives. Durable, agile, and just a Fantastic user.

So then does anyone know why it's still listed on the 2017 kabar catalogue?

I think they're still available from Ka-Bar and many distributors but production has ceased. In other words, you can still buy the BK5 until inventories have been depleted. Unlike the 4, 15, 17, and 24.

Unfortunately, it is. One of my favorite blades.

Ditto, punches above its weight and is just as handy in the kitchen, lopping and chopping in the woods or in a knife fight ... throw in Ethan's handles and what a great knife!

Seems like many (most) of the bigger Beckers are discontinued. The new 22 is made by Rowen. Might future Beckers come from a different manufacturer than Kabar? What in the wide wide world of sports is a goin' on here????

Seems like many (most) of the bigger Beckers are discontinued. The new 22 is made by Rowen. Might future Beckers come from a different manufacturer than Kabar? What in the wide wide world of sports is a goin' on here????

Wait, what?

Did I miss something?

I thought the bk22 was a bk2 in a nylon sheath. Is it also manufactured by rowen? I haven't been paying tons of attention to Becker news lately, but do you have a link or more info on this?

Interesting.
Bk22 says KaBar all over the Internet, and is available at both Tomars and the Ka-Bar site.

you mean the bk12?

Hold up. Sorry. My bad. not the BK22, the Doug Ritter RSK® Mk2 Perseverance.

DRRSKMK2.1.1.jpg

DRRSKMK2.1.jpg

Oh, ok, that makes far more sense. Yeah, Rowen has made that model for as long as it has been in existence, and, its not a particularly new model. Its been out for a few years at least (I know it was out when I joined BF, so at least ~6-7 years now).

Carry on :).

I remember chopping our xmas tree apart for disposal about 6-8 years ago with a 5, lol. That one is gone but my current 5 has micarta and sits in a spec ops combat master. Set up just the way I want it.

The 5 is awesome. Love it, and post dirty pictures of it.

I had one, used it little. So when I got a second with the BK-21 package, figured it would be sold. NOPE. Sold the other two, and now I have two 5's.

The BK-5 is still widely available so I would scoop one up before everyone runs out as others here have suggested. I picked one up last month, such a fantastic knife. It is currently waiting in line for the usual treatments I give my Beckers. So much to do, so little time...

Back