Is this Mini Commander legit?

jeepin

Gold Member
I got a trade offer for this 2000 Mini Commander and wondered if it is legit?

I don't know a ton about Emerson's

D6c3Ixe.jpg%5B

4nMpgHd.jpg%5B

Last edited:
looks like a real and vintage model. Are you sure it's a mini? Seems like the full size model since they often put M-COM under the thumb stud. However markings did vary a bit. Ask how long the blade is to be sure.

looks like a real and vintage model. Are you sure it's a mini? Seems like the full size model since they often put M-COM under the thumb stud. However markings did vary a bit. Ask how long the blade is to be sure.

My mistake. I thought he said both of the knives were the mini versions. I just looked and it was only the Benchmade.

Looks legit to me, too. I have a 2002 PS Commander and it looks very much like yours, esp. the scales.

those middle scale screws hold the scales on? then under the scales are the fasteners to hold the knife together? asking cause i don't know? thanks.

Correct, the screws on the handle scales are short and thread into the liner. Then, concealed under the scales are longer body screws that hold the liners together with the back spacer. I'll try to post a picture for you later.

[Edited to add pics]

y4mTHEbMH3tSfk79cdIE2AcMm4M4UDTVjJOaLco__3tMl9ebWEEfGLCwUGvAgMq18EvgC9FZMuEL4x0hCGLzf04nEz8hNUeRNPoqaCvbIrIrs9LaFYRzHYozZ4pGeg2yafN691DyqrP9aDX_YO0zhzU9N0CdahWoV1Sov3cE-O5eOIm951bOtSdaWNTBcjsfqMoO2yySL-V2r5H4eWDJknhWQ

Last edited:
Oh, I don't know enough about it to say. I had a similar experience to you where I lucked into one I thought was fake only to find out it was just old. Worth a good bit, but I traded it for a brand new Super model.

Looks like a lovely knife regardless.

I'll be honest, I don't have much love for other non-Emerson BM's so I'd probably do the trade. I wouldn't sell it, the commander is on my shopping list.

Back