is this really cold steel or another fake

i found what appears to be a cold steel ti lite on ebay, and was wondering if its real or fake.
here's the link to the listing
s-l1600.jpg

the reason i think its fake is the price: $34.

Last edited:
you cannot post a link to listings on ebay. please remove it before you get in trouble by an admin. post the picture instead.

based on the picture and the fact its shipping from China, its a fake. HECK they photo shopped what looks like the brand out of the picture on the box.

not to mention the listing doesnt say cold steel at all.

so you can guarantee its not even aus-8

the listing looks like its a copy paste from DHgate or ali express.

you should know better. are you really this blind? oh im sorry, it appears you are 17 years old. we were all young at one point. you should save up your money instead of spending what you have. get some really good knives and buy from authorized dealers, or the exchange here on bladeforums.

Last edited:
Can't believe I'm saying this, but the Urban Dart clone doesn't look too bad for under $30...even if its crap steel it can still stab, and no moving parts to worry about.

If it sounds like a good deal on eBay, look twice carefully. If it's a brand name product with an amazing price coming from eBay, you don't need to do the second look because it's fake. It doesn't matter if it's knives, shoes, or toothpaste, you are going to get ripped off.

i do have a few good knives (condor dundee bowie, heavy duty kukri, cold steel rajah 2, 2 cold steel machetes, i also used to have a leatherman wave.) its just that my dad doesn't like spending a lot of money on knives. that and he thinks anything over $45 is expensive.

There are loads of good knives available for under $45 and even at $20 to 30 . Kershaw , Bad Blood , Ganzo , some Cold Steel . Look at knives at the end of their marketing cycle . Like when Cold Steel phased out AUS8 , I picked up an XL Vaquero and both a XL and a 4" Talwar at bargain basement prices . I have several Bad Blood Knives that sold for $40 to 60 regularly for under $20 . It's a challenge and part of the fun for me . Any fool with too much money can buy an impressive collection in a day . Takes time , patience and discipline to collect on a budget .:cool:

Back