It folds!

Love the little harpon on it the blade. As always, fine work.
Thanks! Since there is no poon though we'll call it the shaved harpoon model. :D

That looks frickin sweet man! Great little edc size and shape.
Thanks! It feels perfect in the hand. It is big but not too big.

Coming along NICELY! I want to see a grind like you did on that fighter you just finished.
Thanks!

That's the grind I was talking about! I think it is the most advanced blade geometry I have done yet. It makes a lot more sense that the wrap around grind... the tip on the fighter grind is much stronger which is a big goal to me.

I might do a swedged traditional fighter grind too, chisel of course! It's calling me... :D

:eek: Speechless,,,:thumbup:
:D Thanks!

Me too!!!^
For once.
lol Much appreciated!

Been busy with family life, but got a few minutes to check and WoW! Knife is looking great and thanks for the WIP pics. Very cool to be along for the ride on your proto folder : ) Keep them coming and I'll keep drooling at the progress : )

Man, you guys are up at the crack of crack itself, for a Saturday!

I'm just huffing the fumes from cord-wrapping the D2 Mule I stole this week, and getting ready to head to the HUGE Oaks, PA gun show for the entertainment of seeing how much people are paying for bangy things these days. I just need an AR-15 forearm wrench and maybe a pair of good sunglasses if the person who sells milsurp Wiley-Xs is there.

Also, the guy who sold me my first custom knife (Scott Hurst D2 tanto) back in September will be there- so I'm taking some Fairly gear to rub in his face. :D

They're the only things in my collection that are simply, non-negotiably not for sale and he's going to SCREAM.

MUAHAHAHAHAHHH!!!

'Poon would be nice though, and a 'poon tip would be good too.

:D I'm listening!

Me.

Bunk.

You know the drill.
lmao!!!!

Been busy with family life, but got a few minutes to check and WoW! Knife is looking great and thanks for the WIP pics. Very cool to be along for the ride on your proto folder : ) Keep them coming and I'll keep drooling at the progress : )

Thanks! I'm getting more and more excited about it, it seems everything is coming together nicely and somewhat quickly now.

Man, you guys are up at the crack of crack itself, for a Saturday!

I'm just huffing the fumes from cord-wrapping the D2 Mule I stole this week, and getting ready to head to the HUGE Oaks, PA gun show for the entertainment of seeing how much people are paying for bangy things these days. I just need an AR-15 forearm wrench and maybe a pair of good sunglasses if the person who sells milsurp Wiley-Xs is there.

Also, the guy who sold me my first custom knife (Scott Hurst D2 tanto) back in September will be there- so I'm taking some Fairly gear to rub in his face. :D

They're the only things in my collection that are simply, non-negotiably not for sale and he's going to SCREAM.

MUAHAHAHAHAHHH!!!
Enjoy the show! Gun shows have all sorts of cool stuff, I want to go to the next local one.

I was up waaaaayyyy to early, having a teething one year old is a job in itself! Right now she is dancing to some dubstep. :D Deadmau5 is her favorite along with Skrillex and Rammstein, lol! She actually headbangs and does this funny Elvis/ wash the windows dance.

Damn, that thing is BEEFY! :D

You called it! heavy duty for sure!

Last night was heat treat time, I took the CPM-D2 to roughly 60--61 RC hardness.

I just came in from grinding the lockup.

It locks up like a bank vault! Click!

Even with everything loosely assembled there is absolutely no play in any direction.

032-15_zps9ed2e260.jpg

What's the plan for this model? One-sided grind or regular V-grind?

I don'd do anything regular here :D

I have a few different chisel grinds planned!

Incalculably awesome.

I just asked Serge Panchenko and he helped me out, what a cool guy! He is making some incredible knives.

I just walked in and just about can't see straight... big day working on the folder today! I'm really excited to have it all going right, I feel like my homework is paying off. (and IMWILSON's huge help on the mill!)

I shortened some screws and cut some reliefs/scallops in the frame to facilitate opening and closing... did a ton of hole chamfering and sanding on a surface plate. The detent is the next major obstacle... after that it is all tings I have done a ton of times before. I really spent a ton of time on design and so far the knife is functioning headache free! I'm especially amped about the lockup, it feels nice!

What's the plan for this model? One-sided grind or regular V-grind?

Incalculably awesome.

I just asked Serge Panchenko and he helped me out, what a cool guy! He is making some incredible knives.

I just walked in and just about can't see straight... big day working on the folder today! I'm really excited to have it all going right, I feel like my homework is paying off. (and IMWILSON's huge help on the mill!)

I shortened some screws and cut some reliefs/scallops in the frame to facilitate opening and closing... did a ton of hole chamfering and sanding on a surface plate. The detent is the next major obstacle... after that it is all tings I have done a ton of times before. I really spent a ton of time on design and so far the knife is functioning headache free! I'm especially amped about the lockup, it feels nice!

lockup looking good nice and early,,its like a freaking TANK!!:thumbup: I LIKE it!!!!

Everyday I'm so exciting to see the new progress done to this folder, I just can't be more happy than knowing we getting closer and closer!! YOU ROCK DANIEL!!! :applause:

Anytime I can or anything I can do to help, give me a yell. Glad to help. Get in touch anytime you need to pick my brain.

Looks great so far,Daniel! I am lovin' that lock up. Please quench my blade in panther piss and cryo treat it in my ex-girlfriends cold cold heart :D

Looks great so far,Daniel! I am lovin' that lock up. Please quench my blade in panther piss and cryo treat it in my ex-girlfriends cold cold heart :D

Nice.

But I've asked for mine to be heat-treated by being taped between the buttocks of Mila Jovovic, and cryo-quenched in Hillary Clinton's no-no place. Those are, respectively, the hottest and coldest places I know of.

lockup looking good nice and early,,its like a freaking TANK!!:thumbup: I LIKE it!!!!

Everyday I'm so exciting to see the new progress done to this folder, I just can't be more happy than knowing we getting closer and closer!! YOU ROCK DANIEL!!! :applause:

Thanks! It's getting there quickly now! I'll finalize my design then it will be on soon for the run!

I've been following the Panther around, it is a tough job!

My wife saw a huge Lynx the other day, if I find it's lair I will put it's paw in a glass of warm water slumber party style and collect some more.

Supposedly the original Bowie knives were quenched in rendered bears or panther fat... funny stuff!

Nice.

But I've asked for mine to be heat-treated by being taped between the buttocks of Mila Jovovic, and cryo-quenched in Hillary Clinton's no-no place. Those are, respectively, the hottest and coldest places I know of.

LMAO!!! I just asked Brad and he was like "Dude what were we talking about?"

Daniel- You're talking to Serge? cool.
Orange ano for me then.

I just asked him in a thread but it sure is nice to hear back! Did you see his shop tour video? very cool

The orange ano is cool! I was getting it the whole time but didn't really realize.

I'm ready for it anytime lol,,

Yo Daniel, if u ever gonna do more Ti backpackers please add one to my order as well!!! Tks!

-Ben

Back