Italian 4 max

Seems it's in stock now at 320usd (about 30 less on the USA made street price). The question is, How does it compare? Who wants to be the guinea pig. :rolleyes:

I'm glad this thread got made, i have just started to EDC my 4max exclusively to see how it goes, so far it's fantastic. I don't think there is another knife (other than custom AD-10's) that cut as well as this thing does for a knife of it's size and strength. I want to buy another, but i'm looking at buying the new Italian one, and i'm too scared to be the guinea pig....Someone buy one, post tons of pics and tell me haha :) Also - where are you seeing them in stock for that price?? all i'm seeing are ridiculous prices of over 500USD.

I'm glad this thread got made, i have just started to EDC my 4max exclusively to see how it goes, so far it's fantastic. I don't think there is another knife (other than custom AD-10's) that cut as well as this thing does for a knife of it's size and strength. I want to buy another, but i'm looking at buying the new Italian one, and i'm too scared to be the guinea pig....Someone buy one, post tons of pics and tell me haha :) Also - where are you seeing them in stock for that price?? all i'm seeing are ridiculous prices of over 500USD.
Osogrande but I would only buy from them if you don't plan on returning. And seems they don't have a good rep here.
Funny though oso was also the first to release the sr1 (that I noticed at least). Maybe they are closest to cold steel distribution center ? Who knows.

I think if it's made by Lionsteel, Viper/Tecnocut or any other reputable Italian brand, quality should be equal to the US made ones

if lion steel is gonna make em the quality will be superior to the usa made
no doubt

usa makes great products but the 4 max isnt one of them..its nice, very nice but lots of little or big flaws

Reactions: AF
if lion steel is gonna make em the quality will be superior to the usa made
no doubt

usa makes great products but the 4 max isnt one of them..its nice, very nice but lots of little or big flaws

Yes and no :) Mine had a funky lock bar rocker, but Mr. Demko and crew fixed it. That was the only flaw it had and it is otherwise as flawless as any production knife I own (and I have a lot). It is easily my favorite Cold Steel folder at the moment. I like Lion Steel, and have one that is also relatively flawless, but a few made by them for another label that has constant lock stick. Not flawless. I would not paint with too broad a brush, and time will tell if the Italian runs are up to par or better.

Definitely like the gray much better than the tan

Back