Its Thursday!

I was going to try for you too but there was a pile of girl drama around bed/bath time. Glad you got her though. It will match nicely.

Congrats on the Warthog, Phil!

It means a lot to me that we can support and celebrate each other's little victories on the forum. When I tell "non-knife junky" people in my life that I have many good friends around the country that I have never met in person, they just don't get it. We truly have a special community here that is the polar opposite of the detached shopping experience most people are accustomed to with Amazon Prime.

Thanks gentlemen!

Phil

It means a lot to me that we can support and celebrate each other's little victories on the forum. When I tell "non-knife junky" people in my life that I have many good friends around the country that I have never met in person, they just don't get it. We truly have a special community here that is the polar opposite of the detached shopping experience most people are accustomed to with Amazon Prime.

Thanks gentlemen!

Phil

+1 on that Sir! I've been on the receiving end of a good many gestures of friendship here in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning everyone, I hope their some hungry hawks out there today, I have 4 I am releasing for the hunt tonight which commences 9pm EST. Good luck and good hunting

This seemed a more appropriate thread than "Two for Tuesday" so I'm migrating the conversation over here.

This is really my first time to use TapTalk. Will is be posted here?!??? THAT Warthog would be right up my alley? Any particular time? Thanks Warrior!

Chris replied that on Thursdays there will be a closed preview thread for the week's sale that is posted around 8:40pm Eastern and unlocked at/around 9:00pm Eastern. You can usually check out his weekly "Work In Progress" thread for insight and then even before the Preview is posted, you can spy some final pictures on his Fotki album - look towards the last page(s) and for pictures posted that date. http://public.fotki.com/Ospreyknifeandtool/knives-for-sale-2016/

Either a PC, tablet, Apple-something or a phone running a web browser will work and Tapatalk will also work as well. On the Fiddleback forum, the frenzy has become known as sharking and Fiddleback Friday at 3pm Eastern has intense competition with the sharks. Milliseconds with the keyboard or response matter. I think the term here on the Osprey forum got coined as Hawking but I'm not sure if that was the final word :) It can still be intense (but friendly) competition though.

I wrote up some tech tips a bit ago and they would certainly apply to Thursday OKT sales, WAS Wednesdays or Fiddlback Fridays alike. Folks have had luck with Tapatalk but you have to refresh a lot at unlock time and a PC with a browser may have a slight upper hand.
Fiddleback Shark Tips and Tricks Post 180
Fiddleback Shark Tips and Tricks Post 189

Chris was going to think about an OKT WTS/WTB thread here but I'm not sure that he found time yet. ;-) Among the ideas shared, I do like "The Osprey's Nest" the best.

Don't forget that Chris' knives are also available on a few dealer sites. All awesome Distributors and listed in alpha order just so nobody thinks I'm playing favorites:
DLT Trading http://www.dlttrading.com/osprey-knife-tool
Fiddleback Outpost https://fiddlebackoutpost.com/collections/hand-crafted-knives
USA Made Blade http://www.usamadeblade.com/Osprey-Knife-and-Tool_c79.htm

Good luck Hawking,
Jerry

Pictures are uploaded to Fotki, they are not in order tonight for some reason, you will have to jump around to find the corresponding spine shot. Starts on page 10, see you guys in a few hours!

http://public.fotki.com/Ospreyknifeandtool/knives-for-sale-2016/page10.html

Jerry, Thank you for squaring the newcomer away, you provided a crash course on how things work around here and I appreciate that. It will help bring anybody new up to speed.

Last edited:
Pictures are uploaded to Fotki, they are not in order tonight for some reason, you will have to jump around to find the corresponding spine shot. Starts on page 10, see you guys in a few hours!

http://public.fotki.com/Ospreyknifeandtool/knives-for-sale-2016/page10.html

Jerry, Thank you for squaring the newcomer away, you provided a crash course on how things work around here and I appreciatte that. It will help bring anybody new up to speed.

Yep! I really appreciate everything. Great group here

Hey Chris (and Osprey-lings ?)

Not quite Thursday yet but ... If there is or isn't going to be a Turkey Day edition of Osprey Thursday this week, I just wanted to extend a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

- Jerry

ps Bit of trivia:

The plural form of osprey is ospreys.

A baby eagle is an eaglet.

A baby hawk or falcon can be called an eyas or eyass, although the term has a more specific meaning in falconry (a baby raptor taken from the nest before fledging for training).

There is no specific name for a baby osprey.

Hey Chris (and Osprey-lings ?)

Not quite Thursday yet but ... If there is or isn't going to be a Turkey Day edition of Osprey Thursday this week, I just wanted to extend a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

- Jerry

ps Bit of trivia:

The plural form of osprey is ospreys.

A baby eagle is an eaglet.

A baby hawk or falcon can be called an eyas or eyass, although the term has a more specific meaning in falconry (a baby raptor taken from the nest before fledging for training).

There is no specific name for a baby osprey.

Thanks for the Bird of Prey facts, learned something new today! Thanks for sharing!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone as well, safe travels.

There will be a Thanksgiving addition. I will post a work in progress thread here in a little while. I plan on Unlocking the thread at 9pm EST as usuall I will probably write the thread late morning/Early afternoon and post a locked preview. I plan on Unlocking and monitoring from m mobile device

Thanks for the Bird of Prey facts, learned something new today! Thanks for sharing!

There will be a Thanksgiving addition. I will post a work in progress thread here in a little while. I plan on Unlocking the thread at 9pm EST as usuall I will probably write the thread late morning/Early afternoon and post a locked preview. I plan on Unlocking and monitoring from m mobile device

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you guys Chris and Jerry, and well everyone in the Fiddleback community really. I appreciate everyone's helpfulness and generosity of word and time. The camaraderie here is unprecedented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hehehe .. I'm just picturing a variety of things happening; people in turkey comas, others half lit, others hiding from in-laws, some perhaps on their phone trying to hawk an Osprey. Maybe some of "all of the above". :p :very_drunk: :sleeping:

Hehehe .. I'm just picturing a variety of things happening; people in turkey comas, others half lit, others hiding from in-laws, some perhaps on their phone trying to hawk an Osprey. Maybe some of "all of the above". :p :very_drunk: :sleeping:

All of the first three for me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone is getting ready to stuff their faces. I am about to head out myself I just posted the preview thread I"ll see everyone at 9pm
Good Luck!

Killer Mamushi with the bog oak bolsters. I also like the understated bad-ass-ness of the Ranger in this configuration.

Back