I've been working on a frame lock design!

Jimping is a very nice feature, however, it has to be done right. One of my only complaints (and there are a few more) with my Strider SMF is that the jimping is far to rough on the hands. This is mostly due to a lack of rounding off the sharp corners sufficiently - something that my Elishewitz Jekyll does not lack in, in fact, on that knife the jimping is perfect.

Just out of curiosity Daniel, have you been able to get your hands on a high end custom folder to make some tactile observations (or a Strider for that matter)?

BTW, the design looks great so far, a chisel ground folder is something I have been wanting to add to my collection for some time now but just haven't found the "right" one yet, yours looks so far to be very tempting.

Jimping!!! Yes Jimping!! Lots of Jimping!!!

I won't rule it out but the first ones will not be jimped. :D

It's always hard to say no but I am switching my focus to make the best knives made... one model with a few possible options. Less variables, more precision.

Jimping is a very nice feature, however, it has to be done right. One of my only complaints (and there are a few more) with my Strider SMF is that the jimping is far to rough on the hands. This is mostly due to a lack of rounding off the sharp corners sufficiently - something that my Elishewitz Jekyll does not lack in, in fact, on that knife the jimping is perfect.

Just out of curiosity Daniel, have you been able to get your hands on a high end custom folder to make some tactile observations (or a Strider for that matter)?

BTW, the design looks great so far, a chisel ground folder is something I have been wanting to add to my collection for some time now but just haven't found the "right" one yet, yours looks so far to be very tempting.

Good stuff there... I agree. A few extra processes on the jimping go a long ways. No jimping yet on these though, I want to go for a clean yet overbuilt look.

I won't be able to get my hands on a folder as nice as these, I'll put it that way. :D ...but I will admit if anyone wants to send me a Strider or another quality folder to hold I certainly wouldn't turn down the offer.

Much appreciated on the design, thanks. It must have 100+ hours into it now. This has turned into a really huge project!

I have spent more now on folder making gear than I did to build the shop, buy my car or set up my original knife making area with equipment! This has been my goal since day one and it feels great to be close. :D Living the dream!

--Daniel, Thank you for your contribution to the knife world. I'm not sure why people don't like aggressive jimping, but for me; I like it when the blade digs into my hand. It gives me a positive grip, and reassurance. I'll be on the look out for your next model that has some kind of jimping, any kind at all.

--Daniel, Thank you for your contribution to the knife world. I'm not sure why people don't like aggressive jimping, but for me; I like it when the blade digs into my hand. It gives me a positive grip, and reassurance. I'll be on the look out for your next model that has some kind of jimping, any kind at all.

Hey thanks for the kind words and input. I always appreciate both and am always listening.

Back