I've been working on a frame lock design!

If you get the mill, I've got plenty of HSS endmills for you to use for practice. We'll work something out in trade. :D

I love the design. The oval opening hole is a great feature, one of the things that I like most about my SMF. The down sloping flat butt is also very good, attractive and effective; maybe you could make one with a butt just the like drawn but with a slight concavity? The blade spine drop is just right, not to much arc, but just enough for strength, sleekness, and penetration. That blade would look wicked with a large dagger-like swedge!

Daniel, just checking in on the Folder progress. So you think first quarter 2013 you'll have a Harpoon tip 0.315" in the works? When it does happen I'll have the funding available. Man I didn't realize how expensive the initial start up costs are for R&D on a folder. Regardless, once you start making them i'm sure you'll have trouble keeping up with the orders. Mad sales on the horizon : ) Later Sir.

Daniel, just checking in on the Folder progress. So you think first quarter 2013 you'll have a Harpoon tip 0.315" in the works? Yes! Everything is in the works for it to all happen.

When it does happen I'll have the funding available. Man I didn't realize how expensive the initial start up costs are for R&D on a folder. Regardless, once you start making them i'm sure you'll have trouble keeping up with the orders.

Thanks, it is a lot to get started but once it is on stand back! I have the folders, the WAR line and a few other big plans for next year with the folders as my main priority.

Mad sales on the horizon : ) Later Sir.

Hey thanks again!

I was just looking at my first knife ever... it has only been a year and 9 months since I finished it.

I was working on my porch with a vise and files just two years ago. After that I stepped it up to a tent and a drill press... then the carport and now a real shop.

In my first post I said i was here to stay as a knife maker and it feels good to make it all happen... the folders are the next level.

Damn! I didn't realize that you've only been doing this for approx 2 yrs. You're a Beast! What's the WAR line? Sorry I missed it if talked about earlier. Great to hear that you're still on course : ) Sometimes I think that waiting for the knives to be made is just as much fun as receiving them. The anticipation is great. From your other blade grinds that you've sold, i'm sure the folders are gonna be killer!

Damn! I didn't realize that you've only been doing this for approx 2 yrs. You're a Beast! What's the WAR line? Sorry I missed it if talked about earlier. Great to hear that you're still on course : ) Sometimes I think that waiting for the knives to be made is just as much fun as receiving them. The anticipation is great. From your other blade grinds that you've sold, i'm sure the folders are gonna be killer!

Thanks! It has been a wild ride. :D You haven't missed a thread on the WAR line but I post the occasional design and update in Fairly Knives Chat. I'm hoping to get a half dozen designs finalized and when I am closer I'll have to start an official thread. I make plans early, lol. Or does that mean I'm slow? :D no early!

WAR Line - tough, easy to maintain, no frills... made for war.

I have a few designs I want to release and they will likely be stainless, have removable scales or cord wraps for sanitizing, a non-glare finish. I want our troops overseas to be able to buy one knife that they can count on when everything is on the line. If you want a no BS tough design made for performance these will be your thing. I also want them to be affordable but made with the best of USA made materials.

war.gif

Here's a rough sketch of one idea, a 10" Fighter

just the gist of a design here... it has a long ways to go design wise and has already evolved since I uploaded these

war2.png

The harpoon tip design is good, but I would drop the double guard and just have a lower one. What about doing a guardless bowie tanto hybrid?

The harpoon tip design is good, but I would drop the double guard and just have a lower one. What about doing a guardless bowie tanto hybrid?

Thanks! Yeah they have a really long ways to go design wise. I may change the guard a fair bit. The coffin handle is there to stay though!

Guardless Tanto Bowie Hybrid... sounds cool! I'd like to make a big tanto in the line for sure.

Back