Important Info! I've changed the default site style to Flat Awesome

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Based on feedback about how terrible the uncompressed forums were with massive scrolling, I've changed over the default site style to Flat Awesome+ as this most closely mimics the previous vBulletin style we had for years. I will continue to edit & improve the user interface in order to make things better for everyone.

Edit: you can now collapse forum categories to take up even less screen real estate.

If you want to revert to the default layout, or switch to the Dark version, go here: http://www.bladeforums.com/index.php?misc/style

Alternative ways to change your prefered forum style are by clicking on your username at the top right & selecting "Preferences" or scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on the style name on the left side.

Last edited:
Choice is good, Spark, but I like the new default. I started using FA+ soon after you added it and was particularly pleased when you changed the bar color from aqua to the current shade of blue. Thanks again for all you do, man!

Any way to make the number of pages in a thread visible without scrolling over the thread? That is a feature I didn't realize was so useful until it was gone.

I still see a difference between the new Default and Flat Awesome. The FA has a sans-serif font and the blue bar separating posts, so I like it better. But they are both an improvement and I appreciate your efforts to accommodate our nit-picking. :thumbsup:

1. I prefer the overall sans serif font. It is a no-no in advertising and good websites to mix up fonts. The 'default' as I write (10am 4/19) has serif font, and the FA (beta) I'm using has consistent non-sans serif font.
For me that's MUCH better.

2. For a short while the Beta FA had a fixed-width page. I have a GIGANTIC WIDE monitor, so this actually worked in my favor. With the current 'as-wide-as-your-browser' display, I'm looking across from post headers to 'last post timing' (to get to the final post in a thread) like I'm watching a tennis game. Back and forth and back and forth. o_O My head hurts.

Make the fixed width a little larger? 1200 wide? Is this another option for display?

Kevin: Thank you, thank you, thank you for asking for input and for your work. I'm adapting any which way. Also the spacing between the lines is SO much improved from your past site. This alone is a huge improvement for readability.

Jim

I really like the Flat Awesome + Very easy for me to read and the delineation between posts is positive.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Make the fixed width a little larger? 1200 wide? Is this another option for display?
I can probably do something about that.

Also, you can now collapse forum categories to take up even less screen real estate.

Any way to make the number of pages in a thread visible without scrolling over the thread? That is a feature I didn't realize was so useful until it was gone.

The page count shows at the top left below the title for any thread over one page.

Edit: Or did I misunderstand and you're referring to the contents page for threads under a certain category. I see that you have to roll over a title to see the page count.

Last edited:
I am completely lost and have no idea how to find any help. I have searched and searched. FAQs don't work. Old info I found on how to post images says to go to Imgur, upload, get URL, and paste....that no longer works. It's my own fault for being so inactive for so long and not keeping up with the vast number of changes BEFORE the recent up grade. Appears now I should just throw away all my knives and stop collecting.

Also, you can now collapse forum categories to take up even less screen real estate.

I am not finding any way to collapse the categories, every time I click on the category it just goes to a page with just that category's content on it. Am I missing something obvious?

Sure, I've enabled that.

:thumbsup:

I am completely lost and have no idea how to find any help. I have searched and searched. FAQs don't work. Old info I found on how to post images says to go to Imgur, upload, get URL, and paste....that no longer works. It's my own fault for being so inactive for so long and not keeping up with the vast number of changes BEFORE the recent up grade. Appears now I should just throw away all my knives and stop collecting.

You have to click the 'Image' icon insert image.PNG and *then* paste the Imgur URL (the 'direct link' one that starts with i.imgur...) into the box that is supplied, should upload the photo into the thread then.

The FAQ problems are being addressed, some more patience should help while all the final touches are being done, the FAQs will be in working order before everything is settled so don't worry, no reason to give up the hobby based on such a temporary problem.

I am not finding any way to collapse the categories, every time I click on the category it just goes to a page with just that category's content on it. Am I missing something obvious?

:thumbsup:

Looks like it's in the FA+ Fixed Width and Dark themes but hasn't made it to the FA+ default theme yet.

You have to click the 'Image' icon View attachment 698946 and *then* paste the Imgur URL (the 'direct link' one that starts with i.imgur...) into the box that is supplied, should upload the photo into the thread then.

The FAQ problems are being addressed, some more patience should help while all the final touches are being done, the FAQs will be in working order before everything is settled so don't worry, no reason to give up the hobby based on such a temporary problem.
Thanx. I do get a bit excitable when things don't work on multiple levels (like the user unfriendly Imgur), even when I know people are doing their best to fix things. I guess my next biggest problem will be trying how to figure out where to find help on how to find the elusive i.imgur..... URL. The only one that showed up on first attempt didn't copy when I clicked "copy" anyway. Perhaps they have a help section or FAQ on that site. I'm not holding my breath.

I use imgur. Click on this button and paste into your post. It's the second selection from the bottom of the list.
BBCode (message boards & forums)

Thanx. I do get a bit excitable when things don't work on multiple levels (like the user unfriendly Imgur), even when I know people are doing their best to fix things. I guess my next biggest problem will be trying how to figure out where to find help on how to find the elusive i.imgur..... URL. The only one that showed up on first attempt didn't copy when I clicked "copy" anyway. Perhaps they have a help section or FAQ on that site. I'm not holding my breath.

My first question is: desktop or mobile? Also, do you have an Imgur account or are you just uploading images without an account and getting the link from them immediately?

Ok, here's the easiest way to post an Imgur link without needing an account:

You can right-click the image to get an 'i.imgur' link by clicking 'copy image', then using the 'image' icon and pasting that link in the box supplied you get the image in the thread easy-peasy.

imgur2.PNG

Another way is to click on the menu to the right of the copy button and click on 'get share links'

imgur3.PNG

This takes you to a screen with 4 options, the one you want is the 'BBCode (Forums)' one, just click the 'copy' button to get that link's code.

imgur4.PNG

Then simply past in the reply box what you copied.

imgur5.PNG

It looks like this when pasted. All you have to do is click reply and the image shows up in the thread.
imgur6.PNG

Attachments

• imgur1.PNG
    imgur1.PNG
    3.1 KB · Views: 2
Back