Jeep's kick ass! The ultimate offroad vehicle

Jeeps are awesome, but since we are opening this up to other makes we can't forget about the Raptor. A truly monstrous ride that is well mannered in daily driving but has no problem handling anything you may encounter (and handles it quickly!)

This photo is my wife's old Jeep Grand Cherokee, at over 12,000 feet a little north of Silverton, CO. We drove the car almost 12 years, 150k miles, with many trips offroad in Colorado and Utah. I was always impressed by its offroad ability, it seemed to be able to go anywhere and was always eager to do it. Of course I'm sure its actual ability paled in comparison to a modified Wrangler.

My uncle was a sometimes automotive journalist, after he went to the Grand Cherokee introduction at the King Ranch he told me if I ever drove the Jeep I would buy one. I was always happy with my sports sedan so I stayed away from Jeeps but when my wife expressed interest in one we bought her the GC.

DSC_3557b.jpg

I've been on a few trips with my daughter in my car so we would rent a Wrangler for a day to do some offroad. First there is a photo of our rented Wrangler at an old ore mill at Animas Forks, CO, and then a photo of the Wrangler on a steep gravel road high up near Red Mountain, CO.

DSC_3687a.jpg

DSC_3725a.jpg

Back