Joining the Busse Strip Club

If I'm going to take the time to sand the whole thing it'll be way easier without the slabs in the way. But I already tied a Paracord D guard on it so I'm somewhat invested in this "rustic" finish ;)

~Chip

QSdXwsj.jpg

Some better daylight pics...

At some point I'll probably sand all the decarb off, but I think I like it like this for a bit.

For when I do feel like pulling the handle slabs, anybody know what size tubing Busse uses so I can get some replacement fasteners coming?

~Chip

SWEET!!! That CBT HUCK is soooo smooth! :thumbup:
The PITA will be sanding the CBT in the middle, but man, what a dream the edge bevel and saber bevel are!

Turns out I wasn't as invested in the Paracord D guard as I thought ;)

Found the grinder Gremlins! Whoever "B" is...Thank you for only signing under the grips :D

Off to the sanding station!

~Chip

Last edited:
if it is its prob. just the decarb...(or I could be totally wrong)

around the handle imprint = decarb rust for sure...seen it form before my very eyes dozens of times...

but that nasty looking red stuff around the "B" doesn't look kosher....

BTW, I'm wondering if the "B" is for Bruiser or Blue...several Busse's I've "unhandled" have some kind of notation for handle color match up with blade color or handle color, or both.

iqLRyQY.jpg

D1fcvTY.jpg

kxQmour.jpg

XFziGFr.jpg

and some random chatter marks
NDBVoOo.jpg

Well this Jack hasn't formally entered the strip club yet, but I figured I'd better go ahead and etch now before the coating wear got any closer to the logo.

97017b.jpg

9uro6x.jpg

21m8av4.jpg

The 9v/saltwater etch worked great. Thanks to all for the inspiration and tips in this and other recent threads. :thumbup:

Hand sanded. Builds character and repetetive strain injury!

+1000 ;)

Redid the liners as well, the perfect hand filling thickness now...

~Chip

Last edited:
Back