Jufule Chinese clone of the Shirogorov Neon Ultra lite Review and Compare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this online and thought.... well for $60 bucks.... why not. I recently got the Shirogorov Neon Ultra lite for about $700. Wonder what the Chinese can do for $60. Turns out its not in the same league.... but its a really good knife for $60. Here is my review

(Link removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not much of a counterfeit with no bears on the knife. Would you call a $20 bill counterfeit if it sort of looked like a real $20 bill but you could tell it was cheaply made and there were no labels of USA or denomination on it. Its more of a knockoff. They call it a neon but not a shirogorov but a Jufule. So there is no attempt to fool anyone. You would have to be an idiot to be fooled by one of these. There are clones sold with the bears and sold as shirogorovs. That would bother me. This is more like an Armani suite that I would like but could never afford. But the clothing shop down the street sells a suite that looks just like it, but not quite as good and has no armani labels, at less than 1/10 the cost. Is it bad that I buy that suit or that it is sold?

Its not much of a counterfeit with no bears on the knife. Would you call a $20 bill counterfeit if it sort of looked like a real $20 bill but you could tell it was cheaply made and there were no labels of USA or denomination on it. Its more of a knockoff. They call it a neon but not a shirogorov but a Jufule. So there is no attempt to fool anyone. You would have to be an idiot to be fooled by one of these. There are clones sold with the bears and sold as shirogorovs. That would bother me. This is more like an Armani suite that I would like but could never afford. But the clothing shop down the street sells a suite that looks just like it, but not quite as good and has no armani labels, at less than 1/10 the cost. Is it bad that I buy that suit or that it is sold?
Hatas gonna hate !:mad: Witch huntas nah give ya no break. Nice review. Don't let them bait you ! They always try to initiate a furor to get the thread locked or you banned .:eek: It's a trap .Be cool and calmly carry on .:cool:

Hatas gonna hate !:mad: Witch huntas nah give ya no break. Nice review. Don't let them bait you ! They always try to initiate a furor to get the thread locked or you banned .:eek: It's a trap .Be cool and calmly carry on .:cool:
You are right. There always seem to be groups in any forum on any topic who have a group think of "this is the only way to live" mentality. When we cruise I usually participate on the cruisecritic forums. Try going on there and talking about where to smoke cigars on a ship and if you can wear jeans for dinner. You will get swarmed by people saying that you are an awful person to even think of those things. Back to this subject. If the knife had the Shirogorov bear on it or claimed to be a Shirogorov I would not have bought it or reviewed it. But it didn't.

You are right. There always seem to be groups in any forum on any topic who have a group think of "this is the only way to live" mentality. When we cruise I usually participate on the cruisecritic forums. Try going on there and talking about where to smoke cigars on a ship and if you can wear jeans for dinner. You will get swarmed by people saying that you are an awful person to even think of those things. Back to this subject. If the knife had the Shirogorov bear on it or claimed to be a Shirogorov I would not have bought it or reviewed it. But it didn't.
I and most other reasonable forum members DO understand the difference and make the distinction . Whereas the rabid fanatics will viciously attack anything they judge to be remotely derivative , but only if the company is one they don't like (e.g. Ganzo )

They rant on, using the royal plural "WE" about "BFC rules and policy" as if they have some special standing and authority . Unless you see "moderator " it's all bluff and BS !

If the moderator does speak , then you'd best obey !

Sorry to be off topic . Enjoy your knife and do not become discouraged .

How do you know that the blade steel is D2?

I wouldn't rely on the text of the sales page.

You are correct, I do not know or trust that the steel is D2. It did sharpen like a good steel and does hold its edge well though.

I saw a similar type of new chinese company yesterday called Eafengrow, they make some knives that look similar to ZT's in D2 with bearings for about $25. The knives are not "clones" have no ZT markings but you can tell they are very similar.

Although I have addressed this topic before and in a different thread I will do so again.
Clones and homages = fakes and counterfeits regardless if they carry the logo or not.
People like to use the term of "clones" to pass them off as something that isn't a rip-off of an original design, but all it really amounts to is wordplay.
Downplaying the wording to get the emotional response you would like. Advertisers do it, media does it and it's done in politics.
Had a dealership tell my wife one time that the oil spot her car was leaving on the driveway was not a leak..it's seepage. See what they did there?

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck..it's probably a duck.
We are not going to promote "clones" or "homages" as defined earlier. If we can't sell them in the exchange, then promoting them isn't any different.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back