• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Jumbo One Blade Whittler

Hi everyone . I'm slowly getting back into folders again an have this new Protytpe rendition availuble for sale. It started out as and old Jumbo half whittler , I did away with the pen blade -lenghtened the spring an curled it to fit this one big spear blade. The blade is 3 inches with and over all length of seven Inches. Closed length is 4".. the liners are custon milled an has a bronze bushing in the pivot area. The blade is hand sanded to 1000 grit an the bolsters an inside spring are hand sanded to 6000 grit. Scales are Amber jigged bone with and inlaid Propellar shield with two pins. The opening firmness is around 5 nice an firm but not a nail breaker with half stops. snaps great in all positons. Blade is centered well. Blade steel is CPM-154 with a final rc of 60 ,plus Nitro liquid treatment. Comes with letter of Auntenticity an Black leather zip pouch. This is a quality hand made knife with a asking price of $415.00 ( OBO ) shipped to lower 48 and Alaska Pay Pal is preferred. send pm or take it here If interested. Thank you an God Bless our country.

Attachments

• All Photos - 1 of 5.jpg
    All Photos - 1 of 5.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 446
  • All Photos - 2 of 5.jpg
    All Photos - 2 of 5.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 393
  • All Photos - 3 of 5.jpg
    All Photos - 3 of 5.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 398
  • All Photos - 4 of 5.jpg
    All Photos - 4 of 5.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 391
  • All Photos - 5 of 5.jpg
    All Photos - 5 of 5.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Good looking pocket knife, well done. It looks like you haven't forgotten anything about making them that's for sure.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good looking pocket knife, well done. It looks like you haven't forgotten anything about making them that's for sure.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nato, Its like riding a bike Sir, it all comes natural soon as you get in the seat. Heheheh! Except these prototypes I keep coming up with , they are a challenge an very time consuming because you don't
just throw a pattern out there- cut it out and start grinding. You have to either make up your own design or buy and old knife, tear it apart then modify it to fit your likes an then hope it all fits an works an then make another spring or blade if you mess up . I have sometimes made three springs before I was satisfied with the overall fit an function of some springs , an blades sometimes have to be cut out an heat treated more than once also. So anytime you Prototype a knife its like making a bike from scratch. But once you get it altogether the riding part comes natural an its a joy to go with it. An when your done you have some new art piece you have made or changed slightly from the original an you have a good warm feeling about it. This knife since I posted these pictures I have worked on it again, you see in the picture the middle pin , at the base you see a ring of steel left over from the spinning of the pin, I re-clamped the knife on both sides of that middle pin, re-spun the center pin to tighhten the scales so it is even tigher looking than when these pic's were taken an also got rid of that ring around the bottom of the center pin, will post some pictures of it today so you can see the difference. I posted these pic's before I was completely done with the knife. Hehehe My fault.

Last edited:
Here's more pictures of the knife after I re -spun the center pin, an got rid of the ring around the bottom of it. This is a new prototype and all the bugs are never perfect on a first knife, but for the price I ask for my knives at the moment, this is a well built knife and lots of makers would be asking lots more and I'm sure you all know that. Thanks for looking an God Bless .

Attachments

• Last Import - 1 of 5.jpg
    Last Import - 1 of 5.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Last Import - 4 of 5.jpg
    Last Import - 4 of 5.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Last Import - 2 of 5.jpg
    Last Import - 2 of 5.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Last Import - 3 of 5.jpg
    Last Import - 3 of 5.jpg