Jumping on the spinner craze

I carry so much crap this is the last thing I need.

Right front pocket:
Wallet
Car key fob
Modern folder
Insulin pump

Left front pocket:
Phone
Case mini copperhead
House/office keys.

Where the hell am I going to fit a spinner? Maybe a small one in my medicine/diabetes supply bag.

I find other ways to deal with ADHD and anxiety, namely messing with knives or tools.

Clicking a pen repeatedly drives me insane.

I doubt I'll ever get the spinner thing. To quote Danny Glover, "I'm too old for this s***."

question to the physics guys: when you hold it while it's spinning with thumb and forefinger, and you keep flipping it from one side to the next, it looks like the spinning changes. does it?

1. i'm pretty sure the spin doesn't change direction. it's a physical impossibility.
2. most people say the spin slows down and then resumes at the same speed. that in my opinion is also an impossibility: deceleration, followed by acceleration.

answers?

question to the physics guys: when you hold it while it's spinning with thumb and forefinger, and you keep flipping it from one side to the next, it looks like the spinning changes. does it?

1. i'm pretty sure the spin doesn't change direction. it's a physical impossibility.
2. most people say the spin slows down and then resumes at the same speed. that in my opinion is also an impossibility: deceleration, followed by acceleration.

answers?

No it does not change direction nor increase speed, it's similar to a top in a lot of respects.

Does it change speed? Are you observing it in flourescent lighting? That does have a pulse to it and will provide a moire affect.

Can you do tricks? Search is your friend: https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...=yhs-mozilla-002&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002

Many based on what the yoyo did. Which is a 60's toy, to me, as it was popular then but also the first resurgence. It had been around before. So have fidgets. Have you heard of worry beads? Older Mid East fidget from ancient times, two beads on a short cord up to 99: http://articles.latimes.com/1990-10-30/news/wr-3442_1_worry-beads

Note that date, written in 1990. 27 years ago. Already dated back to ancient times.

And that doesn't even begin to include many others who jingled the change in their pockets, flipped the lid on their Zippo lighters, twirled their cigarettes in holders, or tumbled coins over their fingers. Nervous manipulation of objects isn't new.

Seen the bike chain fidgets? https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...-002&fr2=piv-web&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002

Spinner rings? Squeeze balls? Challenge coins? Puzzles made from bent nails? Bezels on watches? Paper clips?

Computer keyboards?

I read somewhere that if email and meetings were abolished that productivity would increase by 11% within a month. Maybe then we'd see fidget sales slack off.

There's always some new fidget craze that explodes and then gets old and replaced. I remember those 3 silver balls thingies, stress balls, a ball with an inner ball that you would rotate by wrist movement, etc.

They sell spinners in the grocery store and gas stations now. Knock yourself out. Just be careful if there are young kids around as there have been reports of parts opening up and kids choking on then.

Just got a Kepler E.T. spinner in brass. $30 and it spins for almost 10 minutes.

A notch above the plastic tri-wing styles, IMO.

It's really a personal choice, according to his tastes. Look at his gadgets/tools and you can determine what style, shape, color, etc he likes. For me, I'm very satisfied with this

j77128.jpg

Good luck!

I bought this for my boss who retired last June. We tested it and it kept spinning even when a cheaper three-pronged plastic one stopped and had to be re-spun SEVEN TIMES.
Yes, I also have the cheaper ones and this brass is the smoothest.

Well it's been a while since my original post; the design has since been updated twice now! The V2 kept the same design and uses CNC machining to produce better tolerances and increasing spin times with the original 608 skate bearings. However now it's been completely overhauled to a V3 to include the much better R188 bearings which are sealed as well to keep out grime and dust. Includes a built in bottle opener to cater to even more fads! As well as keychain nipples to be able to use it as a carabiner instead of a dedicated spinner. This is, however, the end of the spinner game for me. Once these sell out eventually I will no longer be making them as the fad seems to have died pretty hard already and I simply can't compete with China anymore. Not a sad day, I've been interested to see when and how this would happen. I'm also very glad to get back to my roots in knives and tools instead of these. The community, for lack of better words, is a bit toxic lol.

V3 on tops and the V2 on bottom

FhvJgfU.jpg

Do you still have any of the V2s? I like flipping keys so this design appeals to me.
I actually have a lot of V2s and they're on sale! Check the link in my signature and if you scoop one up be sure to use the 10% off code for BF members :)

My bought bought a spinner but I ended up playing with it all the time.

*WTF did I say? I obviously hadn't had enough coffee when I posted this. Lol

Ok I'll try again. I bought a fidget spinner for my son but I ended up playing with it all the time.

This looks like the silliest fad since the pet rock and I look for it to last about as long.
Ever heard "as useless as tits on a boar hog".

Well, they are a little more entertaining to play with than a rock. And something isn’t really “useless” if it’s a toy. Plus there are instances where they help autistic kids focus. As for me, I fidget a lot. I like the spinner but I also play with my knives and pens constantly too. I remember we had to buy a new remote for the TV because I’d worn some of the buttons smooth by rubbing the buttons.

And the fad is already over. When I was at the mall last week they had them marked down to a couple of bucks.

Back