Just a friendly reminder: If you get banned, you don't get a refund.

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Folks, when you registered for this site, you agreed to follow our Subscriber & User Agreement. Yes, you did. Seriously. You even checked a box stating you read and agreed to it.

We have listed many of the things that will earn you warnings & infractions in the FAQ.

There's a reason why we have a graduated system of warnings and infractions prior to bannings; it's so that you can learn from your mistakes and hopefully not repeat them.

For those who are search or mentally impaired, here's a direct link to them:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=faq_warning_infractions_banning#faq_faq_warnings

Being a paid subscriber does not exempt you from the Subscriber & User Agreement. Seriously, it doesn't. We even put a little part in the FAQ that tells you:
I got banned and have a paying membership, can I get a refund?
No. We are very lenient here, and if you somehow managed to violate our rules to the point of getting banned... Sorry, you just donated the remainder of your membership to us. Next time don't do whatever got you banned. For a more thorough explanation, please read the Terms & Conditions of this site.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=paying_membership_faqs#faq_paying_membership_banned

So, when you don't bother to read the rules, and don't bother to read the FAQ, and don't bother to follow the instructions that Mods give you after giving warnings, then sass the mods repeatedly, your account is suspended.

When your account is suspended, you don't get your membership fee's back.

One of our recently banned members decided to call me up today and give me an earful about how it's unfair that he was banned for not following the rules and indignant that we hadn't refunded his money. When I told him he would not be receiving a refund, he went on a tirade about how we were "stealing" his money by banning him, and words to the effect that he'll be seeking revenge. Whatever.

It's simple: don't be a jackass, and you won't get banned. If you get banned, sorry, your membership is forfeit. Call it a service charge for dealing with assholes.

If you try to dispute the charge with PayPal, you are also going to have a bad time:
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#13

13.3 Ineligible Items. PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:

Intangible items, including Digital Goods

Access to the areas of this site that require a paid subscription is considered digital content and is ineligible for paypal buyer protection.

Deal. With. It.

And for added hilarity, here's some emails that the person in question has sent me this evening
This is in response to a conversation I had with the owner of the above business, and it's spinoff, "Bladeforums.com" which took place on Febuary 1st, 2012. This conversation was relating to the one year platinum level membership that was involuntarily terminated by you, or your staff, after only one week!

I have demanded my money back from you, you have refused, further you have barred me from accessing what I paid for! As a Result you've earned what's coming your way, I intend to make this the most expensive theft you've ever committed! As a consequence of this theft, I will begin an unending labor of destroying your business reputation, the internet is a wonderful tool for hitting back at disreputable businesses, and individuals! I specifically warned you when your moderator took his completely unwarranted action, that you had best refund my money or else!

You should have just given me my money back, the "or else" begins....
I responded with essentially the OP of this thread, and cautioned him to use better sense than he displayed during his short membership here.
As I said Mr Schlossberg, welcome to the or else, you will regret having stolen this particular $50.00, and stolen it you have! You are about to find out how vulnerable a thing a reputation happens to be, especiially to a business that essentially sells trinkets over the internet. It will be quite simple to gather up a large collection of disgruntled customers Mr Schlossberg, and turn them loose upon you in a focused action! Yes Mr Schlossberg, very very simple. Please, do keep my correspondence, I've kept your's, and your employee's. Let's discover, you and I, just how far the theft of $50.00 takes us. I anticipate that you are going to "rue the day" you chose to steal from me.

Oh no my reputation might be tarnished! Lordy be, someone might say bad things about me on the interwebs. :rolleyes:

Thank you, mods, for removing this person from the site.

I'm amazed that he even knew the word "rue" and could use it in such a way. It's amazing how important some people think they are. I'm sure he wrote a very similar letter to George Lucas when he "ruined" his own intellectual property. Really people let's put on our big boy pants, get a life of any sort, and live outside the internet.:jerkit:

Well, I thought "fin" meant "the end"...I just helped him toward his goal. (Not that he needed any once he got on his high horse. He took a "warning" about his forum conduct and parlayed it into a trifecta.)

Last edited:
Can we get a refund if we never paid in the first place? If so you can transfer my refund to a platinum account for me!

It seems like it would be reasonable and worth avoiding the headaches and threats to give banned members a pro-rated refund. The exception to this would be those who have victimized other members by committing some type of theft or fraud.:(

so now on top of the actions that got him banned in the first place you have what may later be construed as terroristic threats -- this will make for some fun at the libel/slander trial if he's dumb enough to push things.

you should un-ban him just to re-ban him once he's been un-banned...

That is just plain funny. That would be hilarious. It's unfor.. nevermind, he got banned for a reason and apparently didn't read the rules or heed the warnings.

Spark, you have some sexy legs.

I'm just sayin'.

If I was single, .........

Moose

Back