Just ordered a C&C 118

kyhunt

Basic Member
Well I've been enjoying my 5160 119 and 105 so much I decided to try a 118. Not only do I like the steel so far I love the looks of the wood and aluminum.

I also have $150 Cabela's gift card that I'm thinking of using for an AG Vanguard. Sold mine years ago and have regret it every since. Received the standard Vanguard Christmas 2015 and it rekindled my Buck fever.

Go for it. You'll like that knife. DM

If your talking about the 118 I'm sure I will. Cant wait until it gets here next week. Had a little birthday money so decided to spend it. I almost feel like I'm rediscovering Bucks even though I've had a Buck of some sort since I was 11 (now 45).

118 in 5160 good choice. I don't have one of those. Hummmm. I may have to join you.

You'll like the Vanguard too. DM

Oh yeah!! :)I know I will. I have the standard one since Christmas 2015. I asked my wife for one so I couldn't be tempted to sell it. I don't sell gifts. My other two AG Vanguards I had I loved but was foolish in letting them go. I just went through a stage/phase back then.

Last edited:
Knife came today. Fit and finish look great. Looks like a wonderful little knife. I personally think the # on it distracts from its looks. To be honest I didn't give it a thought as neither my 105 or 119 came with # on them. No biggie just a distraction. Next time I'll have to ask. I received # 91.

Serial numbers are the biggest reason I don't buy their stuff. Usually they only have the first 100 numbered. Guess you might have been just a little early...

While we wait for you to post some pictures, here are some 1991 highlights:

“Seinfeld” debuts on NBC
US minimum wage goes from $3.80 to $4.25 per hour
The movie Terminator 2 is released, and the term “Hasta La Vista Baby” is coined
The Cost of a Superbowl ad in 1991: $800,000
Johnny Carson announces he will retire from Tonight Show
Miley Cyrus wasn’t yet born, and neither was her father’s career
Eastern Airlines shuts down operation… which means Eastern Airlines still existed.
Kentucky Fried Chicken officially changed its name to KFC
The World Wide Web became a publicly available service
The slogan “Quicker picker-upper” by Bounty Paper Towels is coined
Nicoderm CQ's nicotine patch was approved by the FDA
Wrestlemania VII in LA, Hulk Hogan pins Sgt Slaughter
63rd Academy Awards: "Dances with Wolves"
Dolphin Dan Marino surpasses Joe Montana as the highest paid NFL player with a 5-year extension for $25 million

Serial numbers are the biggest reason I don't buy their stuff. Usually they only have the first 100 numbered. Guess you might have been just a little early...

FWIW, I ordered my 118 from the big river, the second week of April, it didn't not have a number...it was supplied by C & C. Preston

I couldn't resist, I really wanted this knife too. So far, it's diced celery and onion in the kitchen. The up-sweeping blade really works well for this. I'm going to enjoy using this one this summer. :)

I thought 099 would be cool, so I asked. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
They told me I could swap mine out for an in-numbered one. I sent it back so now I'm patiently waiting for them to ship me a in-numbered one.

Back