Ka-Bar 7507 Jarosz Large CHOPPA

I would like to see a comparison between this,the BK9,BK20, BK29.maybe throw in the Ontario SP10 while you're at it.:D
Haven't really seen anything on the choppa.

Here you go. Choppa with some of the requested blades. And with some other big Beckers. Click 'em to make 'em mo' bigger.

IMG_7919.jpg

IMG_7920.jpg

Thanks, it looks like the choppa should be fast in the hand. Then again the 9 is more agile then it looks.

Thanks for the comparison photos guyon! I've almost bought it so many times on tomars. I think I might actually get it this time.

Here you go. Choppa with some of the requested blades. And with some other big Beckers. Click 'em to make 'em mo' bigger.

View attachment 697436

View attachment 697439

Thanks Guyon its nice to see a side by side. You have some great looking blades. That 7507 ain't no slouch. I really like that it doesnt have the center scale screw. I have some damage on my middle finger of my Choppa hand. Falls in the center hole hurts like hell. I fill them in with PL glue.

Started really working with the Choppa. Picture review coming.

VwKJySD.jpg

Choppa blade, rust blued with spalted maple scales

got one recently, still need to play more with it. Scales feel very good in hand, but I wish more color options were available, bet it would look really sick with black scales. And dammit, still fighting the urge to get a Moses, these pics ain't helping lol.

Just curious, why do y'all not like the choil? I personally love them for larger blades, I even ground one into my BK9.

I dont think a properly designed knife requires a choil. The blade edge should go back to the handles and the handles should fit your hand to give you the right up close grip needed. I feel a choil is a safety hazard and sometimes a crutch trying to make a bad handle design good. This is all, of course, just one man's opinion.

Ethan Becker has talked about his thoughts on choils in more than a few videos. This is just the only one I can find right now. It's around the 3:45 mark I think.

Back