KA-BAR Photo Thread - Post Your Ka-Bar Knife Pictures Here

Great first post Jeremiah! That big brother looks awesome stripped! Welcome to the forums. Very nice pics, I've always wanted to check out a big brother but haven't had an opportunity to. It looks to be serving you well.

Be sure to pop in over at the Becker Knife and Tool forum. They are made by Ka-Bar as well and most of us hang out over there.

Thanks for sharing!

Hello!
Thank you for welcoming me.
I Know Beker knife are a lot stronger,full tang, bigger spine,made for heavy task...
i mostly use a axe or saw for those purpose.and really like the leather handle and classical look of the kabar.
i carried my compagnion over several trips in the Australian outback, New caledonian forest or the Andes mountains.
it always serve me well.It s great slicer, good at chopping, very versatil.light but strong enought for most uses.even long enought to give the coup de grace to our wild boars.
i ve drilled the serrations on the spine, had no use and now can handle the blade for small task.
and modified the guard to be able to put my tom over for better control.
the knife is easy to sharp,maintain his edge pretty well. no rust so far.i m using it to process food as well and keep it a beat greasyin order to protect the blade during my trips, otherwise a bit of oil if i stay home for a while....really happy with this knife for the price. i ve got a fews others more expensives and more specialized, but since few years now, it is the one in my backpack.
here is a closer look full size
YNlVyw.jpg

This has gotten lots of use this past year. Thanks again Guyon. Have gifted out more than a few too and haven't had any complaints. Really like the flex these got.

JoeEr3J.jpg
[/IMG]

Went for a walk this morning with the kids :)

Got the 11 on a few different backgrounds

IMG_20160221_112238468_zpsbhnz8kze.jpg

IMG_20160221_114003450_zps80hehi72.jpg

IMG_20160221_114044478_zpstzqez4qt.jpg

hello, few pictures of my big brother.use it every week at everything,for years,in the alpes. love it. perfect friend at hunting,camping or working..
YNlVyw.jpg

sjGpXe.jpg

sTKmzf.jpg

Great pics. Have you put it through hard chopping? How is it holding up so far? I read that this knife (as well as the USMC) is weak at the blade tang transition where it is prone to bend and break?

Sanded the pommel and guard, a little patina work...

Yeah, she cleans up real good!
I love this Blade...gonna figure out how to incorporate it into my costume to ward off any riff raff! Lol

Man that is gorgeous! I just lucked into one of these on Ebay yesterday. Can't wait to get it!

Back