Kabar 1202,Camillus?

A recent purchase. I've been comparing it to photos of Camillus made knives and it seems to me to be a Camillus product. Any thoughts? Or does someone know for sure?

Blade length is 4 1/2" OAL is 8 1/2"

kabar1.jpg

kabar2.jpg

It looks more like a Case XX or Kinfolks to me :confused:

Nice looking knife :thumbup:
I like the blade pattern

I do not believe that Camillus made this fixed blade knife. Most of the KABAR knives made by Camillus were folders. I only recall some KABAR Mark 2 blades (no handles) that Camillus made for this customer.
During the late 1970's or early 1980's there was a large quantity of KABAR knives, both fixed and folders, at the Camillus factory that were taken in trade for Camillus knives. They were sold to the Camillus employees in the company store.

Tom Williams

For some reason I cannot see the photos posted by Todd A. There is a good chance that if I could see the pics I could identify the maker. I have never seen nor heard of Camillus making any knives for KA-BAR. I believe all the KA-BAR Collector's Club knives were made by Queen and are not really KA-BARs at all.

Hello gunsil,
Look at the date of the start topic. It seems to me that we will not see these pictures ever.
In addition, I have no reason to doubt the information from Tom Williams, since he was the best connoisseur of the history of Camillus and worked there from 1974 to 2005. Unfortunately, he passed away in 2014.

Back