Kabar Snody Big Boss knife

Any thoughts on this knife? It looks like a nice package, S35vn steel and 100 bucks cheaper than the Chris Reeve Nyala with same steel. I'm probably just going to get a Bk16,but just saw this one.

I went to check one out in a store a little while ago. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1271740-Pick-3!

My only complaint with the knife was the texture on the grips/ scales. I'd want to remove those and maybe cord / katana wrap it. Other then that, the blade was weighted perfectly and the grinds were spot on. It had a great edge (not too thick, not too thin) Its a great size. The leather sheath provides infinite carry options.

There's definitely one in my future, Its just a matter of time.

I'm not sure if adding a brass guard is recommended for a production knife (maybe it weakens the blade?) but that is what I did to mine and I love it now! I cut a bit off the top of the scales to fit until I have time to make micarta ones. The sheath needed to be cut down to accommodate the guard and I screwed some scrap leather to the sheath with a retention snap. Also attached a lanyard with the included bead to increase "size" of the handle. I wear this every time I need a knife, (though I admit I'm not ready to leave the bk9 behind just yet!") For the bk9, I ordered a $20 leather sheath from evil bay, which is perfect

Nice heads up!!!! What a nice looking blade.I might open up the choil just a tad.

Back