Kabar Snody Boss series - New Scales??? Anyone?

Hale Storm

Kydex Whisperer
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Anyone out there taken the blue and purple scales off of any of the Boss series knives and added G10, Micarta, or wood to the blades? Great price point for S35Vn but from what I've read, most people don't like the scales. I love the blade shape and would add one or two of them to my woods and water knives but the scales just don't do it for me.

Anyone mod these? Would love to see a pic of the tang underneath the scales.

Pics please.

THANKS

I just tried making a set of Micarta for mine to no avail. I ground it to thinly around the top portion of the handle and it broke :/ my first try with Micarta tho. I might try again as soon as I order some more materials. I too would love to have a set made.

My big boss is out for a regrind and some g10 scales. I'll throw up some pics when I get it back

I would love to get some different scales as well. Interested to see pics of anyone that has ordered or made some alternates...

I messed up the wooden handles I made by trying to freehand drill the screw holes. One mod that I did successfully was to fit a brass guard to the knife, without which I don't think my finger would have lasted very long.

I'm thinking about ordering the stacked leather kit for the fighting/utility, and see if the washers fit

Back