Kershaw has requested closure of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
80f08a76c049b8c98afc73d66651464d_zps9654cddf.jpg

Like they say, opinions are like... elbows, I guess. Everyone has a couple, they're all a little bit different, and most of them really aren't all that bad when you think about it.

Usually when I use that saying I use a different, less appealing part of the anatomy

Most of the people who have posted in this thread hardly ever participate any other time.

Personally, I've participated by reading most of the threads and by buying almost two dozen Kershaw/ZT knives since joining the forum.

But then all things come to an end....

Jog off, dude.

There no need for this crap here. Show some respect to a righteous company.

Jog off? Haven't been told to do that since high school football practice in 1965. Anyway my post was not a dis on Kershaw but some serious advice. As a retired Customer/Technical service professional with more years of experience than I care to think about I marvel at the CR skills Spyderco folks display on their forums. There is something to be learned there. FWIW I own several Kershaw knives (bought a Zing tanto from Kershaw Guy just this week) and have no bone to pick.

I am sorry to see this forum close, but I am a realist and I totally get it. Kershaw has been very good to me over the years, they are a leader in the knife industry and are some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Thin skinned ? well you work as hard as they do to give the quality products and the best customer service out there, then we will see how thick your skin is. I will continue to sell my knives on this forum and I have been blessed by all my customers here, my business on BF will not change. A big thank you to all you guys that I have hung out with on this sub-forum and a bigger shout out to all my customers on BF. Please count on my continued service too you all. Also would like to thank all of you that showed up here today to kick sand in our faces when we are down, classy.

Sincerely
Dave AKA: Kershawguy

Usually when I use that saying I use a different, less appealing part of the anatomy
Like what? :D
Personally, I've participated by reading most of the threads and by buying almost two dozen Kershaw/ZT knives since joining the forum.

But then all things come to an end....
Understandable.

To see the number of people jump in here and throw in their opinions that have almost never participated here before is hilarious, I think.

I'm not too surprised, or overly disappointed. I would've been, a while back, but not anymore. This subforum wasn't being moderated very well. Not even going into the complete intolerance for any sort of criticism...the general environment here actively fostered the creation of fanboys, which is something that affects all of Bladeforums. (Look at any of the KAI-related topics in General.)
KAICorp really should've tried to learn from Sal Glesser. The Spyderco forum is everything that the Kershaw forum wasn't. Constructive criticism is listened to, learned from, and occasionally acted upon, rather than suppressed. (If a problem was discovered with Spyderco's Elmax, I can assure you, it would have been handled in a drastically different manner than what was seen here. They've recalled products based on forum feedback before.) And because of that attitude towards criticism, although there are tons of Spyderco fans here, there aren't too many fanboys.

... too bad things turned out this way. I would've preferred for a different moderation style to be adopted, but better that the forum be shut down than continue the way it is now.

Completely agree with you. I actually thought the Kai guys were great at Blade Show but they really should have let discussions go on here and only stepped in when thing got out of hand. I stopped visiting this sub forum since I didn't feel as if I was getting unbiased information since discussions were only allowed to follow their thoughts and beliefs. I think their heavy hand actually led to more people acting out here. Kinda like the preachers daughter. I don't even own any ZT's anymore since I really didn't have much respect for the company due to this sum forum. Which is odd since they are great people with great customer service. That's just my two cents and if you don't agree with me then that's your right.

Im really bummed reading this....KAI was the main reason I joined this forum in the first place. Its like i just came home to an eviction notice taped to my door:(

GronK, no disrespect. :)

I will take my frustration out in the General forum now. Muhahaha

I am sorry to see this forum close, but I am a realist and I totally get it. Kershaw has been very good to me over the years, they are a leader in the knife industry and are some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Thin skinned ? well you work as hard as they do to give the quality products and the best customer service out there, then we will see how thick your skin is. I will continue to sell my knives on this forum and I have been blessed by all my customers here, my business on BF will not change. A big thank you to all you guys that I have hung out with on this sub-forum and a bigger shout out to all my customers on BF. Please count on my continued service too you all. Also would like to thank all of you that showed up here today to kick sand in our faces when we are down, classy.

Sincerely
Dave, it has been my pleasure to be a customer of yours, and to experience the customer service that you provide to each and everyone that you deal with. I hope your business continues to prosper even with these unfortunate events. Have fun!

About the part I bolded: This is what I was getting at with all of these people jumping on in here that almost never come over here in the first place....It's funny.

I am a fan and an owner of some Kershaw knives, and really enjoyed the sub-forum until the new moderator came aboard. You could open the sub forum page and over half of the threads would be closed. Not a pretty sight. If a company can not accept criticism of their products on an open forum, or accept the fact that some people like to anticipate the availability date of a new offering, then I guess it is time go give up all the "free" advertising that Blade Forum is willing to give them and back off. Seems a shame to me that other companies seem to be able to tolerate the same type of traffic that Kai was receiving on their forum. If you have to follow only what the company moderator wants to have discussed, then why have an open forum to discuss the good and the bad about their products. It would seem to me that a company would want the good or bad feedback to see where they need to improve and where they need to brag about their products. Apparently the folks at KAI do not see it that way. Too Bad for them and for their loyal customers.

Blessings,

Omar

Sincerely

I still look forward to flinging money your way when a couple of the LEs come out :)

Didn't post much here, because I didn't feel I had much that added to the conversations I saw, but I still liked that it was here. I checked in and lurked regularly. I still think it's a bad move, the sub-forum is a great avenue for customer feedback. I'm not going to stop buying Kershaw/ZT over it, but it doesn't make much sense to me.

Last edited:
Goodness, such a diverse amount of opinions. We're good, bad, suck, great, best wishes, good riddance. I don't know who/what we are now. :)

We're just shutting down the sub-forum people. There will still be participation from the company, it will just be on a smaller level.

Relax, as everything is going to be ok, promise.
Kai in my opinion is a good company and puts out great products.I wish everyone on this forum happiness, prosperity, and best wishes even if I don't particularly view them in a positive manner.Karma is something that each of us carry on our own shoulders.With all due respect Sir if you don't know who or what you are now I recommend that you meditate, relax, and take a good long hard look in the mirror.I think you will be able to reflect and answer the question for yourself.Respect is something earned and not freely given from my experiences in life.No dis-respect intended and Yes sir I wish you and all the employees that are on the KAI payroll only the best of wishes....

Peace,
salmonkiller

Sincerely

Dave, My posts were not intended to 'Kick sand in your faces'. I rarely posted in the Kershaw sub-forum, but I read almost every post and pondered all the reviews. It was directly responsible for my spending a couple thousand dollars in Kershaw/ZT product in the last 10 months or so. By taking away the subsection, they are not only taking away their participation in the forum, but also taking away the gathering place for folks who primarily want to discus KAI products. 'Bulldozing down the clubhouse' as it were. It's traumatic for me, and I don't even post much there. For the really active members it's gotta be much worse.

Thanks for the good times KAI.

I still can't message you, so sent you a regular email. I think the parent company executives have more to do with this move than most people realize. Kai took a big risk using Elmax for a number of high-value ZTs (and one Kershaw) and they seem to have hit some production snags. I don't think internet forums are *that* easy to run, from my experience and in my professional opinion as a political sociologist. But obviously some companies are doing it. The Southard is still my favorite knife, but I'm reluctant to buy more Spydercos because their leaf blade "type" doesn't appeal to me, and because they have a ridiculous "official" warranty policy that *they* don't even bother to observe.

Apart from the renewed concerns about Elmax, though, they (ZT) make very desirable knives. I expect that Elmax will probably go out of fashion as a blade steel now, unless there was just some quirky issue that they can address pretty readily. They might even delay the release of the 566 and do some additional quality control, for the sake of prudence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back