Kershaw Leek Question

I have searched for, but not yet found the overall thickness specs of three different Kershaw Leek knives. I like the flatness of the standard blade/handle combo. I would like to know if the G10 handle model adds a lot to the overall thickness of the original knife? I am opting for one of the three steels that are available in this knife. 440A, S30V, or ZDP-189. The ability for me to sharpen may determine the one I choose if they are all the same thickness. Any overall opinions are very welcome.

I like the feel of the g-10 leek better than the standard framelock models- it fits my hand better, and just grips better. It is a bit thicker, but not by a great margin- the dimensions seem to be well balanced on the g-10. I do not have access to a digital camera, maybe someone could post a side by side comparison photo.

The S30V Leek with G-10 is 3/8" thick. That's 1/16" thinner than the "standard" Leek. It's hardly noticable. But what is noticable is the G-10. Much nicer than the aliuminum. Also, I'm a big fan of S30V. Other's have gone with the ZDP but I don't see paying the extra cost. S30V is top notch but it's your money.

I don't know what you mean by your "ability to sharpen". If you don't have a Spyderco Sharpmaker, then you don't have one of the essential tools needed for onwning and/or collecting knvies. My advise....GET ONE...then buy whatever knive you want.

Regards

Back