Kershaw Reverb (bad?)

Mo2

just finished watching this one. thoughts? anyone else have one that can agree with this video?

:) Hey Mo ! Thanks for the video . I like the reviewer's approach and agree substantially with his conclusions . I don't own , nor have I handled this knife . Little surprised that Kershaw did such a poor job :eek:. Seems more gimmicky :poop: and stylish than really useful .:thumbsdown::rolleyes:

I watched this review while holding my Reverb and had to just roll my eyes. He contrasts this $15 knife to a CRK Small 21, a Kizer Gemini, a Manix LW and an Emerson...really? This a case of a reviewer not correctly referencing a knife against the target competition.

Consider this against other keychain knives in the sub-$20 market and this little knife really shines. I don't know why people expect a $15 KAI to perform like a $400 Sebenza...

The reviewer had three major complaints:
1. The lock is hard to disengage. Well, I guess that could be so if you continue to try to disengage this lock the wrong way. Just like trying to deploy a Zaan the wrong way, there is a correct technique with this knife. If you disengage while pointing your thumb toward the pivot rather than the belly, it works each time, every time. All it takes is a look at the geometry to realize how you should align your thumb to unlock.

2. The deployment groove is sharp and could contain food prep gunk that might make you sick. Really? Crap on your blade that you CAN'T see can make you sick. Clean your damn blade AFTER food prep. Seriously?

3. The carabiner pops loose after heavy cutting. Wow. Change your grip on the handle so you're not applying undue force to the tail of a LIGHTWEIGHT knife and you may not have a failure. One should probably be squeezing and supporting the pivot on a LIGHTWEIGHT knife during heavy cutting anyway. Incidentally, I couldn't get my carabiner to pop loose on mine, so I have a feeling the review sample had been damaged during some off-camera cutting.

I'm not slamming the reviewer. I'm not certain who he is but I appreciate anyone who takes the time to talk about knives with us, but there is a matter of perspective required in reviewing. I think there might be a degree of bias present in the review. His dismissive description of the same handle material that Spyderco uses on $150 knives is a bit of tip-off. I've had a Reverb since it came out and have been quite pleased with it as LIGHTWEIGHT backup knife. I actually think it's one of Kershaws "WINS" from the 2017 knife lineup. I encourage anyone with extra pizza money to pick one up and check out what KAI can bring for less than$20. I think they've done a really nice job with this knife in the class it's meant to live in.

Back