Kershaw Skyline Fixed Blade Sheath

Thanks Kiah, for another excellent sheath! :thumbup: I'm looking forward to getting this guy out backpacking with me. I'll be shooting you my Fallkniven WM1 soon!

IMG_9660_zpsf4e582f6.jpg

IMG_9661_zps60604d55.jpg

IMG_9662_zps4116438b.jpg

IMG_9663_zps57f5f5d3.jpg

Thanks, bro. Glad you like it. I really need to learn how to take decent pics. Yours always look better than mine. :D

Eh, I just turn on a light and snap some shots, nothing fancy here, haha. It's been with me ever since I got it, great package:thumbup:

Sent a email asking price for one but never got a response. Hoe much ya pay for it?

You already know I like the blade and the sheath, but I wanted to ask if you could make this thread (or another) into some kind of progress report?
As in: what are your experiences with the knife and the sheath, how do they hold up over time and when did you find them useful (or in which occasions they weren't)?
That would be interesting! Not much info on the blade on the web when it comes to prolongued use.

Thanks!

Sent a email asking price for one but never got a response. Hoe much ya pay for it?

Kiah is a bit busy with batch order work, but I'm sure you'll get a response soon. He'll provide you with a quote.

You already know I like the blade and the sheath, but I wanted to ask if you could make this thread (or another) into some kind of progress report?
As in: what are your experiences with the knife and the sheath, how do they hold up over time and when did you find them useful (or in which occasions they weren't)?
That would be interesting! Not much info on the blade on the web when it comes to prolongued use.

Thanks!

Sure, J, I can do that. I may start a new one in the outdoor gear sub or something. I foresee myself using my Fallkniven WM1 more though, so maybe I'll do an updating thread on both.

Bit of an update. HM's pics have gotten me a few requests on this knife. Rather than try to keep up with multiple people sending in the same knife, I just went ahead and ordered one. Should be here next week.

Haha, sorry Kiah, didn't mean to add to your already large workload :eek:.

But all the folks who will be getting sheaths in this run will be very pleased with the sheath, especially in light of the stock sheath. :thumbup: J, as we've discussed, you'll love it!

I' update this thread later, now that I have my firesteel on the sheath, i'ved moved the loop location.

With the firesteel loop in the top location (horizontal on belt, just left of centerline):

IMG_9837_zps1668c005.jpg

IMG_9830_zpse14e301f.jpg

IMG_9834_zps7412bfd1.jpg

The handle of the firesteel got in the way somewhat of my thumb when drawing the knife. I could still do it, but it's just sort of annoying and feels in the way on a knife this size. So Kiah had the foresight to space the lower eyelets at the bottom of the sheath to fit the firesteel loop. Perfect.

IMG_9839_zpsaf34b341.jpg

IMG_9840_zps19eb2ad0.jpg

IMG_9841_zpse9bef4cc.jpg

Just a quick pic showing it mounted vertically. I prefer to carry horizontal just left of centerline, but the sheath is versatile should I wish to carry vertical.

IMG_9843_zps5870fb09.jpg

ETA: My belt is 1.5" wide.

Last edited:
Haha, sorry Kiah, didn't mean to add to your already large workload :eek:.

I'm cool. I think I've got a little time before the next big batch. I've also put a pretty good amount of monies into some new machinery coming in next week which should lighten my workload dramatically, especially on the hatchet sheaths which are ridiculously time-consuming to individually shape.

Ha, I didn't even realize the FS loop would line up there. I thought you were referring to the bottom eyelets on either side.

Nice! Congrats on the new equipment :thumbup:

As for the eyelets, haha, yeah, that's why I tried to confirm in my email. Either way works out. I might switch it down to the lower slot instead, if the current location becomes an issue for some reason.

ETA: Was on my phone, but I mean to add, that was pretty damn lucky it worked out so well :D

Last edited:
Looks awesome. I'm fairly new to the forum, wondering if these are currently for sale? I'd love to buy one. Thanks

Looks awesome. I'm fairly new to the forum, wondering if these are currently for sale? I'd love to buy one. Thanks

Kiah should have the knife now, so just shoot him an email and he should be able to get you set up:thumbup:

I've since changed the firesteel location to the bottom slot (nearest edge) and it works perfectly there. I just got my WM1 back with sheath, so I'm pretty sure that one will see more carry time than the skyline in the near future. Will update thread with thoughts on using both after a while.

Back