Kiahdex Picture Thread

Dear Mr. SpokeyPickleero, your question has been submitted to our research department and should receive a response in 6-8 weeks.

:p
Unless my memory is completely shot, which is fairly likely, that is a Karesuando. I forget the model. Handle was very nicely contoured and a nice size. Not nearly as secure as a 2000, but more comfortable IMO.

Excellent work!!!

Cattaraugus225QKydex1.jpg

Cattaraugus225QKydex3.jpg

I mailed off one of my fave little fixed blades of all time to Kiah a while back asking him to see about making me a custom fit kydex horizontal carry sheath for it. I've really enjoyed this little knife since buying it and would have had it on me more often with a better more convenient way to carry it than the leather that came with it. I had for a time set up the leather sheath that came with this knife so I could mount it on my belt and carry the blade but when the leather stretched out and the knife started falling out I knew that was not going to work any longer.

Shown here is Kiah's cure for my problems. Not only does this sheath fit the blade and hold it very well but he incorporated a very neat feature in this so it actually tucks the handle in on your belt for where I carry it. With other sheaths I've owned in the past I've noted how yeah, they were horizontal carry but the handle was forced out so you could actually see it poking out from under your shirt. This one does not do that and there is no worry of the blade coming out accidentally. Its a very nice snug tight fit yet easy to pull out when you need it. I don't know if you can appreciate the thickness of this sheath but this is thicker kydex than any other sheath I've ever had made. The one I had done for my North American Black Widow revolver is paper thin by comparison and yet it cost more! Go figure.

Kiah I thank you for your work here. I'm very pleased with the purchase and shown here is some shots of it on my belt as well as some of my other carry companions on most days, my Swiss Tool by Victorinox and my 32 auto Seecamp pistol. :thumbup:

STR

Attachments

• DSCF0012.jpg
    DSCF0012.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCF0013.jpg
    DSCF0013.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 331
  • DSCF0017.jpg
    DSCF0017.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCF0018.jpg
    DSCF0018.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCF0020.jpg
    DSCF0020.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 226
came out very nice.good thinking to angle the sheath into your torso,its more discreet.im whating on a sheath from kiah now.will post pics when i get it.

got my sheath in the mail today.it is top notch.fit and finish are oerfect.its for my harkins fighter.kiahs work is awesome.i hope you guys like the pics.

Attachments

• hark sheath1.JPG
    hark sheath1.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 250
  • harksheath2.JPG
    harksheath2.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 165
  • harksheath3.JPG
    harksheath3.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 167
  • harksheath4.JPG
    harksheath4.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,331
Here are a couple pics of my Bark River Colonial Patch knife and the sheath that Kiah worked up for it. Sorry about the crappy webcam pics.

Kiah-Teklok1.jpg

Kiah-Teklok4.jpg

In use at Anza Borrego State Park last weekend. Clips easily to the shoulder strap of my Maxpedition Malaga. Carried in upside down position all day and held perfectly tight.
IMG00103-20100320-1759.jpg

Excellent work!

Nice! :thumbup:

Glad you like it Russ, 'cause I put one in the box with your lighter sheath before dropping it off. ;)

:thumbup::thumbup: excellent :thumbup::thumbup:

b59c41f2.jpg

When I get the carbon allround, it'll be even better.

Last edited:
There is. In fact, Kiah just made me a kick-ass machete rig in orange, have yet to get pics up here.

Just a quick shot, will put up a few more later. :)

c4886bee.jpg

Fiskars 14" Hatchet
Mora Allround
Condor 14" El Salvador Machete

Forgive the color, will get better ones when lighting conditions are better.

A few more pics:

c3aa6576.jpg

0a759acb.jpg

9eb48655.jpg

e0f94665.jpg

c228d5df.jpg

3712b93a.jpg

49783eae.jpg

4e459e57.jpg

e1ac0eda.jpg

The machete and rig is the newest. A Victorinox Paring Knife is piggybacked. Kiah included several mounting options: pack strap / shoulder strap (shown), drop loop with several heights, short loop, drop-leg buckle. I'll do a review on the whole kaboodle once I've used it all for a while. :thumbup:

Back