Kizer Envoy Ki3493

I like the overall profile, particularly the blade shape and length.
The faux dimpled bolster...not so much. The same feature put me off the SeaLion, which otherwise would have been a winner.

Oh, and that - you know what's coming - PIVOT PIN! For the love of God, Kizer, just put a plain pivot pin on your knives, pleeeeeease. The one with the swirlies worked fine on the Gemini, but...get over it, already,.

I'm starting to think that some poor guy at Kizer accidentally ordered 376,000 of the damn things and they are going to show up on every single knife they put out until they use up every last one of them.

(On the other hand, there must be a market now for custom Kizer pivot pins, like the custom hardware out there for all the ZT pivots and screws. And they weren't even this bad in the first place.)

BTW: OP, keep that wood Delica, it is sweet. :)

Received the Kizer Envoy. It's one of their best flippers and for just $137!

It deploys every time but the detent is not too strong. It's almost identical in size to a Small Sebenza 21. Thin 0.115" FFG blade of S35VN that's 2.97" long. Weighs only 2.82 ounces. Nice deep carry titanium pocket clip.

sqEVJAe.jpg

KuvJcbH.jpg

8XmLkRe.jpg

ZO7Da9z.jpg

e46xQRB.jpg

iWn8YrL.jpg

Nice and thanks, you're making it hard to wait to try one out
:)
G2

Nice -- congrats, Ram.

For some reason I don't hate that faux bolster as much in your photos. ;)

Some jimping could potentially improve the handling of the Envoy. Jimping on flipper tab, where blade spine and handle meet, lock bar and the end of the handle on the backspacer.

Jimping -- agreed.

I do not understand the absence of jimping on most Kizer models.

I dunno. Watched a couple reviews. Looked at Ramzar's pics. I dunno, now.

The overall attributes of the knife (blade profile, blade length, grind, overall size, weight, milled deep carry clip, price) are starting to make me think I don't mind the dimpled fauxlster and the swirly-pin enough to pass on the Envoy.

Envoy is by far the best $137 I've spent on a quality small manual flipper with titanium frame lock (steel lock bar insert and over-travel stop), S35VN steel FFG blade, ceramic bearings & detent and deep-carry titanium clip.

Just received mine last Friday, and used it today cutting drywall. Only a couple of cuts but it held up well. Washed it off once I got home and put it on my wicked edge. Put a 17 degree edge on it with a 20 degree mico bevel. This thing is a true slicer! I know this edge won't last long without a touch up but it's nice. The only thing I don't like is the deep carry clip, the seam of my pocket catches where it is attached to the scales. Other then that it reminds me of a Sebenza with a flipper.

Envoy is by far the best $137 I've spent on a quality small manual flipper with titanium frame lock (steel lock bar insert and over-travel stop), S35VN steel FFG blade, ceramic bearings & detent and deep-carry titanium clip.

Just received mine last Friday, and used it today cutting drywall. Only a couple of cuts but it held up well. Washed it off once I got home and put it on my wicked edge. Put a 17 degree edge on it with a 20 degree mico bevel. This thing is a true slicer! I know this edge won't last long without a touch up but it's nice. The only thing I don't like is the deep carry clip, the seam of my pocket catches where it is attached to the scales. Other then that it reminds me of a Sebenza with a flipper.
Ram, Woodysone...How would you describe the detent on the Envoy? This knife checks a lot of boxes for me, but I really like a strong, snappy detent, especially in a small blade that doesn't have benefit of inertia to fly out.

Thanks in advance!

For me the detent is strong but not to much so. It deploys fully every time, unlike early Hinderers. The only cons to this knife is the low rider pocket clip, wish there was a pocket milled into the scale so it would not catch on my pockets.

My Envoy has fairly strong detent so that it deploys in any position.

Just took the clip off and added a lanyard, it sure rides nice in my pocket now that I have changed pants from overalls to shorts. I also noticed it has an over travel built into the framelock.

Last edited:
I like the unique pivot pins on Kizer knives. It's good branding and helps make their knives instantly recognizable.

Can anyone measure the thickness behind the edge?
G2

Thank you!
G2

Back