Kizer Feist and the gritty action....

If you guys want a really good front flipper try the Boos Blades Smoke TS1. Best mass production front flipper I've found.

I'm sure Boos Blades Smoke TS1 is a nice one since it's made by WE. If only it had a 2.99" blade instead of 3.5" and priced less. Kizer Envoy and Massdrop Falcon (made by WE) at under $140 have set a new benchmark in pricing.

I'm sure Boos Blades Smoke TS1 is a nice one since it's made by WE. If only it had a 2.99" blade instead of 3.5" and priced less. Kizer Envoy and Massdrop Falcon (made by WE) at under $140 have set a new benchmark in pricing.
It's worth every penny if you ask me... But yea a shorter one would be nice.

That Smoke TS1 does look good for a more tactical style front flipper but I prefer the more gentlemanly design the Feist has. I feel a front flipper is a way to have a gentleman's knife be a flipper as they can be used more slowly and controlled vs the more quick "aggressive" action of a typical flipper.

any updates on this? i am not over the feist yet. it checks so many boxes for me, i have a gentleman design bias, titanium bias, front flipper bias, s35vn is one of my top 2 favorite steels, the size is perfect for an office edc. i'm not giving up on this

Last edited:
The Envoy fills most of my requirements but a front flipper is still right in there. Had a Kershaw 1415 many years ago that had a Bic lighter opening, that sure was a nice folder, hopefully they can work out the details on the Feist.

Honestly, if you're that hyped, just pick one up if you can find a good price and if you trust the seller. Good ones do exist, mine is proof. As I mentioned before in this thread the action on mine is fine and the strong lockbar is the biggest grievance I have, someone with stronger fingers than me has handled my knife and had no complaints with it. I also found the pivot screw loosening but a little loctite would fix it I think.

Trust me, I know what you mean, the design is so attractive, I can't think of a better gentleman's knife.

Honestly, if you're that hyped, just pick one up if you can find a good price and if you trust the seller. Good ones do exist, mine is proof. As I mentioned before in this thread the action on mine is fine and the strong lockbar is the biggest grievance I have, someone with stronger fingers than me has handled my knife and had no complaints with it. I also found the pivot screw loosening but a little loctite would fix it I think.

Trust me, I know what you mean, the design is so attractive, I can't think of a better gentleman's knife.

I owned one a few months ago, and it was less than perfect, but wasn't terrible either. At this point, i'm just waiting it out to see what kizer does. I remember hearing something about late august, so hopefully we hear something soon. i know if they actually released a v2, or a version with some sort of distinction (although i doubt it), i'd be trying to sell my old version to buy the new.

if you ever get tired of your feist, let me know though

It would be nice if one of the Kizer reps who posts on this board could give us a status update. I'm sure Kizer knows this, but good communication is key to brand/product loyalty. :)

Kizer, by NOT offering an update you're warning consumers away from buying the otherwise wonderful Feist.

I had waited for the updated Feist until the end of August, purchased an Envoy to fill the gap of a gentleman"s folder. Still want a Feist but wish for better communication.

Kizer, by NOT offering an update you're warning consumers away from buying the otherwise wonderful Feist.

Still want a Feist but wish for better communication.

I hate to make a "me too" post, but… me too.

I'm really hungry for the Kizer/Diskin Toro, and I'd be placing a pre-order for it today, but instead I'm waiting for (a) reviews, or (b) Kizer saying something meaningful about the Feist problems. I want to be Kizer's customer, not their beta tester.

the boos blades smoke TS1 is callin your guys name's. pre orders are starting this week some time. 6 different colors are going to be offered now (blackout, blackwashed, slate gray, arctic blue, green and bronze). its the best front flipper of 2017

the boos blades smoke TS1 is callin your guys name's. pre orders are starting this week some time. 6 different colors are going to be offered now (blackout, blackwashed, slate gray, arctic blue, green and bronze). its the best front flipper of 2017

You've mentioned the Boos Blades Smoke TS1 front flipper a few times already in this thread.

This is a Kizer forum not a Boos Blades or WE forum. Also, most want a front flipper like the Feist because it has a sub 3" blade unlike TS1's 3.5" blade.

And the Feist is so much more than a front flipper! Its sleek, it's elegant, it's (mostly) sterile. It's compact but not too small, you can get a 4 finger grip on it. It's a beautiful balance of subtle curves and straight lines.

(I really like this knife).

just putting this out there. a lot of people on this thread including myself are still waiting on an update on the feist.

also has anyone heard whether or not we will be able to trade in a feist issues that was bought used from non-dealer individuals (like from the exchange here) for the new version directly from kizer?

Hmmm, that Boos blade is pretty nice. I like the ambidexterity of front flippers. That said the one I want the most and admire the most is the Shamwari.

I might have to order a Boos though, under 200$ U.S. and they come out around my birthday. I saw one of them up for sale on the sales section the other day and had no idea what it was.

I have had great enjoyment from my Boker Exskelibur I framelock. This knife is awesome! s35vn blade, full Ti construction and so thin and light it is a dream to carry. Ontop of that it has one of the sliciest blades of any knife I own and is inexpensive. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to try an awesome front flipper. Just make sure you get the I and not the II as the II is not a front flipper.

My Feist came gritty and uncentred with a blade that wobbled back and forward when closed. I took it apart and sanded out the metal flash in the channel the pin runs through and around the pivot and now the knife flips and runs like a dream. It wasn't that hard to fix. The knife is a royal PIA to put back together though.

I might have to order a Boos though, under 200$ U.S. and they come out around my birthday. I saw one of them up for sale on the sales section the other day and had no idea what it was.

the one on the sales today was mine. sold pretty quickly. i would have traded for your feist + a little $ haha. after owning the smoke and the feist, i like them both enough to own, i will be buying a fesit v2, and i pre ordered the smoke in bronze.

My Feist came gritty and uncentred with a blade that wobbled back and forward when closed. I took it apart and sanded out the metal flash in the channel the pin runs through and around the pivot and now the knife flips and runs like a dream. It wasn't that hard to fix. The knife is a royal PIA to put back together though.

the feist is more my style aesthetically and is a better edc for my needs. i'm getting pretty tired of waiting and may just buy a used one to operate on. if you don't mind i may be hitting you up for advice!

Back