Kizer Guru mods

I'm a big fan of Matt Degnan's Guru, and recently copped the flipper w/ holes.
I realized recently that while I love the blade shape, I'd prefer it with a little more piercing capabilities, so decided to slightly mod the blade for a more acute tip.
Then stonewashed the scales and clip.
Whadya think? I already loved this knife, but I'm finding myself using it even more now.
kCTHqCI.jpg

KN8Gjlm.jpg

GbTA0x2.jpg

rLo1tF0.jpg

R1zVo7m.jpg

pjAp3Ws.jpg

Looks great! What was your stonewash procedure?

I like mine a lot, but I've been thinking about shortening the handle by removing the "extra" part of the butt after the clip, and maybe a little up front as well. It really is a great little knife. I have the thumbstud version, but plan to get the flipper too eventually.

Hey Abbazaba,
My homemade stonewash setup is a small tupperware w/ a handful of river rocks from Michaels, together with a few squirts of triflow to lubricate. 45 minutes in the drier on no heat setting.
I've been going back and forth with shortening the handle too, let me know if you decide to go that route!

You do nice work! Thanks for sharing the pictures! I like the addition of the "random" holes to the handle scale. By any chance, did you check and see how much weight you reduced by drilling them out?

I used a belt grinder to mod the blade. Doused in water every few seconds of grinding. Then hand sanded to finish.

- thanks Grownstar!
- Degs, thanks man - awesome design. This is my first Guru, but not the last (thumbstud version next on my radar).

I love my Guru! The flipping action is the best. I wish all flippers that the action the Guru has. The only thing I want to do is mirror polish the holes.

I believe the Guru will be my first kizer.
A swedge like the Insingo would be awesome for piercing purposes.

Just grabbed the thumbstud version. Gonna try chopping down the handle to the clip on this one for a slightly more compact version. Love this knife, and will probably end up with all 4 if I'm not careful...

Just grabbed the thumbstud version. Gonna try chopping down the handle to the clip on this one for a slightly more compact version. Love this knife, and will probably end up with all 4 if I'm not careful...

Can't wait to see it!

Back