Kizer Laconico Mini Intrepid 3" M390 (Ki3468)

By the way, the term "Jap" is considered derogatory here in the U.S.

Okay - but I've not heard that before - it's always just a shortened form of the word Japanese.

If I wanted to be derogatory there's a lot of worse terms I could have used.

But I apologize if I offended anyone.

And one more point before I go to bed - since I've already disclosed I'm a Kizer dealer and I deal with them on a daily basis (7 days a week), and the Japanese for some other products, do you guys really think I'm going to come on a public forum and insult my business partners??

Try logging onto AR15.com sometime and see what real abuse is like.....or work in retail where customers will yell every four letter word they can think of to your face - because of a co-worker's mistake.

But all this is off topic and we should be talking about these great Kizer knives.

Why do the Mini Dorado and Mini Flashbang get the nifty milled clip and the terrific Mini Intrepid has to settle for a standard stamped clip?

Come on, Kizer -- give that Mini Intrepid the clip it deserves!

If Kizer is indeed enforcing MAP now, that'll mean fewer purchases by me in the future. Elevated MAP pricing erodes much of the value I've come to enjoy in Kizer. I really like these minis but $250 buys more knife elsewhere.

Why do the Mini Dorado and Mini Flashbang get the nifty milled clip and the terrific Mini Intrepid has to settle for a standard stamped clip?

Come on, Kizer -- give that Mini Intrepid the clip it deserves!

I so agree!

That's Mini Intrepid at the top followed by Mini Flashbang and Mini Dorado:

Kizer-Laconico-Mini-Interpid-SW-Ki3468-BHQ-50168-jr-side.jpg

Kizer-Cutlery-Mini-Flashbang-Ti-Ki3454A1-BHQ-50169-jr-side.jpg

Kizer-Cutlery-Mini-Dorado-Ti-Ki3455A1-BHQ-50167-jr-side-large.jpg

Even the clip on the $190 Ursa Minor is better!

Ki3472-2-1.png

I so agree!

Even the clip on the $190 Ursa Minor is better!

Looks like the clip from the Ursa Minor should fit the Mini. Really too bad they don't ship them with it.

Loving my Ursa Minor, might have to pick one of these up despite the inflated price. Probably just carry this little guy clipless in the office.

The Ursa Minor clip is available for purchase separately from a Dutch knife shop. It's 19 euro plus shipping.

If Kizer is indeed enforcing MAP now, that'll mean fewer purchases by me in the future. Elevated MAP pricing erodes much of the value I've come to enjoy in Kizer. I really like these minis but $250 buys more knife elsewhere.

I totally agree. Kizer s pricing with their high value has been the reason I m interested in their product. I hope that doesn't t change with some misguided map policy. 250.00 does seem high for that knife.

And one more point before I go to bed - since I've already disclosed I'm a Kizer dealer and I deal with them on a daily basis (7 days a week), and the Japanese for some other products, do you guys really think I'm going to come on a public forum and insult my business partners??

Try logging onto AR15.com sometime and see what real abuse is like.....or work in retail where customers will yell every four letter word they can think of to your face - because of a co-worker's mistake.

But all this is off topic and we should be talking about these great Kizer knives.

Well we aren't ar15.com..... I bet kizer would be thrilled to see you characterization of their country's people.
This isn't off topic when something this offensive comes out.

Russ

Three things that would make the already terrific Mini Intrepid even better:

1) Stonewashed blade -- like the large Intrepid, the Ursa Minor and the Gemini.

2) Jimping on the spine and flipper tab. None of the Laconico collabs come with jimping.

3) A better clip.

Anyone pick this up yet?

Here's a comment from one of my customers who purchased one

If anyone is on the fence with this knife - JUMP OVER. I've no idea if True Talon has any others available but for the $$$ IMO this folder is amazing. The more I handle mine tonight the happier I am to have it.

The M390 blade has an amazing machine finish and a deep hollow grind, wicked sharp. The action is silky smooth, for a flipper weighing only 85g it opens and more importantly glides closed like my 150g ZT's. I don't say that lightly.

The finger groves in the scale bottoms fit my medium size glove hand like a mould. And the flat thumb pad at the top rear of the blade makes it feel very secure and comfortable. The pocket clip is a surprise. Only about 8mm of the folded knife protrude past it making quite a deep carry which is my preference.

I fear this knife has just bumped a few future planned purchased off the tree as it's really ticking most of my boxes.

This will be no safe queen even though it's a numbered knife from 500 made (#236). It's going to be a great EDC for my uses.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

And hopefully he won't mind if I borrow a few of his photos - the second one is comparing it to a Spyderco Dragonfly.

Thanks for the post! Anyone know where I can get one aside from BHQ? Their price is pretty steep considering.

Thanks for the post! Anyone know where I can get one aside from BHQ? Their price is pretty steep considering.

Right now, only BladeHQ has these Limited Edition 3" M390 Kizer Minis.

KnifeCenter is supposed to get them in stock next week. However, I doubt if the price will be any better.

Right now, only BladeHQ has these Limited Edition 3" M390 Kizer Minis.

KnifeCenter is supposed to get them in stock next week. However, I doubt if the price will be any better.

Hopefully the price will come down. It looks like the BHQ stock hasn't budged since they put them up. When they went live they showed 4 of each style in stock and it doesn't appear to have changed.

If anything KnifeCenter is usually a couple $ higher than BHQ, so I doubt any relief on that end...

Hopefully the price will come down. It looks like the BHQ stock hasn't budged since they put them up. When they went live they showed 4 of each style in stock and it doesn't appear to have changed.

If anything KnifeCenter is usually a couple $ higher than BHQ, so I doubt any relief on that end...

Actually, BladeHQ has 10 each of Mini Dorado and Mini Flashbang plus 3 of Mini Intrepid in stock right now. Mini Intrepid is selling a lot better than the other two. Overall though they're slow sellers.

I just received the Mini-Intrepid and it is a great knife. Smooth flipper, size in hand is mostly right. The only thing I do not like about it is that it is somewhat hard to close. It is somewhat difficult to press the framelock bar open to unlock the knife. The cut-out is not indented at all and the titanium is quite smooth.

I just received the Mini-Intrepid and it is a great knife. Smooth flipper, size in hand is mostly right. The only thing I do not like about it is that it is somewhat hard to close. It is somewhat difficult to press the framelock bar open to unlock the knife. The cut-out is not indented at all and the titanium is quite smooth.

Thanks for the heads up! Could you possibly post a pic or two of the lock situation?

Back