Kizer Laconico Mini Intrepid 3" M390 (Ki3468)

I just received the Mini-Intrepid and it is a great knife. Smooth flipper, size in hand is mostly right. The only thing I do not like about it is that it is somewhat hard to close. It is somewhat difficult to press the framelock bar open to unlock the knife. The cut-out is not indented at all and the titanium is quite smooth.

You must have a different version of the Mini Intrepid than I do.

I have all the Kizer-Laconico collabs. The Mini Intrepid has the best access and the smoothest opening and disengagement of them all.

These Limited Edition Kizer Mini M390 flippers are not selling much and I've only found them at BladeHQ.

http://www.bladehq.com/?search=Kizer+Mini+M390

I was hoping other dealers would have them in stock by now some 6+ weeks after BladeHQ had them in stock perhaps for a better price.

Me too. I waited as I long as I could could before finally pulling the trigger on a Mini Intrepid last week from BHQ. It's a great little knife, but I think the Ursa Minor is still my favorite out of the Laconico bunch. Classic story of the three little bears really ;)

These Limited Edition Kizer Mini M390 flippers are not selling much and I've only found them at BladeHQ.

http://www.bladehq.com/?search=Kizer+Mini+M390

I was hoping other dealers would have them in stock by now some 6+ weeks after BladeHQ had them in stock perhaps for a better price.

It is a bit strange.

We had them in stock on the 26th October. The other dealers all over the world have had plenty of time to get them in stock by now. We are giving a reasonable discount to our Aussie customers on these.

That's not much help to you guys in the US though, since by the time we add freight on it's back up to the BHQ price.

After the holidays I was checking to see how many were in stock at BladeHQ and there was just one left. So, I jumped on it and it arrived today.

It's an excellent little flipper and actually worth the $253 price since it's a limited edition!

Mine is serial# 235 of 500.

I picked one of these up on the Exchange here, LNIB, for quite the discount. Fantastic little flipper, especially at the price I paid. Very happy with it. Needed to add a bit of blue loctite to the pivot screw, though, to keep it from backing out on me after flipping it for a bit.

I've heard that loose pivots and body screws for the standoffs aren't uncommon on Kizers. No biggie, really, as I'll just keep an eye on this and tighten as needed. However, if I was to ever need replacement hardware, how would I go about obtaining or purchasing that?

I picked one of these up on the Exchange here, LNIB, for quite the discount. Fantastic little flipper, especially at the price I paid. Very happy with it. Needed to add a bit of blue loctite to the pivot screw, though, to keep it from backing out on me after flipping it for a bit.

I've heard that loose pivots and body screws for the standoffs aren't uncommon on Kizers. No biggie, really, as I'll just keep an eye on this and tighten as needed. However, if I was to ever need replacement hardware, how would I go about obtaining or purchasing that?

Kizer does have a US office you could inquire with.

Great little blade. Hasn't been able to kick the Ursa Minor out of my pocket though :)

Heads up, MassDrop has the Mini Flashbang Skully with the handle anodization for as little as $160. The price of the Minis seem to be coming down a little.

We've had the mini Intrepid (with Guru clip), Dorado and Flashbang on sale for about US$210 + free freight to the US and Canada for a while now. Stocks are low now though....

- - - - -
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. 500 pieces for each knife, right?

BTW, I should have a Mini Intrepid arrive home after a trip on the road to get pimped out by Matt McGinness. I can't wait to see it in hand. I'll post pictures here as soon as I get a chance...

We've had the mini Intrepid (with Guru clip), Dorado and Flashbang on sale for about US$ + free freight to the US and Canada for a while now. Stocks are low now though....

- - - - -
Another dealer complained about this price so we had to remove it.

After the holidays I was checking to see how many were in stock at BladeHQ and there was just one left. So, I jumped on it and it arrived today.

It's an excellent little flipper and actually worth the $253 price since it's a limited edition!

Mine is serial# 235 of 500.

Glad you like it. Still seems too expensive to me.
Is Kizer losing its reputation for providing high value for a relatively low price?
Limited edition adds value fur collectibles, but seems to be marketing for users.

Older thread I am aware, but these knives are starting to be available at deep discounts from various dealers. I paid 117.00 for mine. While the original price made the knife a questionable value, at less than half price they have become a great value.

Back