Knife abuse

Work EDC (I'm a stone mason by day and have a horse farm at night / on the weekends)

PCq27SS.jpg

I'm going to have to find a buddy with a salt to try one out. Nothing but great reviews but want to use one before I buy one

I'm a farmer/diesel mechanic and carry a CRKT M16-14SFG tanto with Veff serrations. This is a beast of a knife and the serrations cut like no other I've ever seen.
I cut rope, wire, zip ties, hose, dig with, scrape gaskets, pull hitch pins with the flipper. Plenty of abuse. Only fair to mention, I'm a Spyderco guy. I carry a Spyderco everywhere except work. I use them but can't bring myself to abuse them like I do my big CRKT.

Cool that you posted this Auston!!
I just ordered my first 2 SAKs....both are Cutlery Shoppe exclusives.
They are extremely handy!! Carried the Cadet today and am really liking them.
I see a couple more in my future!!
Joe

I'm currently rocking a Rescue Tool, suits me fine to the bone. I had my doubts about the serrated main blade but it's cut and cut and cut.

I'd be looking to see what the U.S. Military Victorinox is like. If I can find a link I'll drop one in.

I do HVAC and electrical work and honestly I use my spyderco ladybug salt with the serrated hawkbill shape the most because I wind up skinning a lot of romex most days lately, and it's also nice for deburring copper pipe. I carry a large inkosi for grins and only really use it when have a single run of duct to add to someone's system or if we're making duct that day I'll use it to cut my end pieces or taps in, but my small sebenza 21 does most of the general cutting tasks like splitting insulation, cutting strapping and tape, opening boxes, etc. I'll cut a tie wrap or two with it, but if it ends being a lot of tie wraps and single strand wire I use my dykes. For beating and prying I mostly use my Klein's and flat head screw driver. My knives will see hard use/ abuse though if I find myself in an attic or across the house in the crawl space and forgot a more suited tool, normally don't like to cut fiber board duct, foil tape, or control wire with my knives because the edge dulls pretty quickly, but if it's all I've got on me at the time I'll do it for the sake of time.

hBPbSpw.jpg

Emerson roadhouse. I own and operate a Landscape/ gardening company. This thing is with me everyday. Cutting hard plastic pots, slicing open bags, rippin through roots, hacking small branches etc. Before this one, i used my Emerson horseman, partially serrated too. Before that a zt 0562. A spyderco military gets thrown in the mixes once in a while this year too.

0717172110-1-1348x928.jpg

Here's my usual edc for ranch work, ZT 0909. It doesn't see hard use every day like the knives of those in the trades, but it sees a fair amount. Some of the worst is cutting twine and net wrap off of bales in the winter. It doesn't sound like much, but they often have a good layer of gravel road grit on them. Now add snow melting, soaking into the hay and refreezing into a hard, gravel infused crust and to makes for 5+ feet of pretty tough cutting for each one. The 0909 seems to handle it pretty well.

0717172110a-1-838x1490.jpg

Yes.... Join us....:D

Back