Knife designs?

The vault isn't that exciting. It contains a variety of knives with pink handles. But, it is interesting because they track Chris' progression as a knifemaker.

If it's the same glitter pattern I'm thinking of (wink,wink)which would be the cute factor.I'd suggest a kwaiken style blade, tanto( badass) that would fit your grip. Maybe a medium to small size blade to match the handle size.

I made Chris buy a tanto style knife when we were on our honeymoon. Apparently, he does not like them at all. That one might be a hard sell.

The vault isn't that exciting. It contains a variety of knives with pink handles. But, it is interesting because they track Chris' progression as a knifemaker.

I think it would be very interesting to see a track record of his progress over the years! Maybe you could see if he's mind you sharing those with us. New knife makers would be very interested to see the progression of skill level. That being said you said it would not include the super steel s125v. In my opinion using this steel is a big mile stone in his career like the .065 10v was but possibly bigger. If you don't get one out of this first run of s125v I would suggest getting one made out of later runs for posterity sake. Just my two cents.

20160627_222742.jpg

These are my Big Chris knives. I think the one on the top with the pink bolsters is the oldest one I have. It was made pre-2012 and has the old B stamp on it. Chris' dad has one of the first knives he made and it is a spectacle to behold. I always told Chris that he had to have a pink knife on his table for the ladies. One of my favorites sold as a valentine special. It was a little pink hunter. I wish I had that one back.

IMG_3640.jpg

I am going to claim this Tequila Sunrise knife for myself also. Chris just doesn't know it yet.

Lol. That's a very nice knife. Good choice! Looks like very comfortable handles with a very utilitarian blade with many uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_3640.jpg

I am going to claim this Tequila Sunrise knife for myself also. Chris just doesn't know it yet.

That's one the ones I was picking up and putting down at Blade. Great egos, lighter than expected by a large margin with a usable blade shape as well. Grab it before he notices it's missing.

Thank you for the picture of the vault! If you are claiming the tequila sunrise, does that mean Chris is no longer on the hook to make you a pink glitter knife? For now...

Thank you for the picture of the vault! If you are claiming the tequila sunrise, does that mean Chris is no longer on the hook to make you a pink glitter knife? For now...

I don't get that lucky. The Tequila Sunrise was actually some material she bought from ShadetreeCC at Blade 2015 and I just now used it.
I have a knife in mind that I might want to put the glitter on, just not real sure is Mrs.Big Chris is on board yet.

I found this while out in the shop today. It is a knife that I had Chris cut out several years ago. I think he was hiding it from me...trying to talk him into finishing it for me as well. Fingers crossed that we can start making some progress.

Last edited:
I like, it will look badass with the glitter. What's the steel ????

It is .275 thick S7. I agree with it looking badass. Chris is just not having it.

I am confused. You make it sound like the request is optional:D
Perhaps someday, Big Chris can start a thread about which design elements he prefers - for himself and for his craft. Bowie vs drop point? Wharnie vs traditional? pink glitter vs carbon fiber?

Wow that would be an indestructible knife I would think. They make swords out of s7 because it is so tough and .275 it's almost the thickness of a sword so........pry open a locked car door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No progress on my knife today. Chris did tell me that I was welcome to learn how to grind and make it myself. :(

No progress on my knife today. Chris did tell me that I was welcome to learn how to grind and make it myself. :(

It always seems like the craftsman that offers a service to others, put off their own work until it absolutely has to get done.
I had a set of tub faucets that had vise grips for handles for a long time. :eek:

i recently started edc'ing what is effectively a giant, full tang, straight razor. Having the straight blade makes it easy too sharpen and having the tip right there makes tip cutting really convenient. When i get home i'll try to post a picture.

Back