Knife designs?

I drew some grind lines on the "mini scrapper" today and nagged Chris until he couldn't take it anymore. He is currently rough grinding it. I will post a pic soon!

No progress to report...we were out in the shop for an eternity yesterday (about 5 hours, which is a lot with 4 kids and 2 dogs). We made zero progress on my knife but got handle material for 6 of the nessmucks sawed out and Chris made this:

It is a lightweight chopper. It suffered the loss of its tip in heat treat so it is a little shorter than originally planned. Today is a church day so he probably won't do any work in the shop today. But our kids have music camp next week so I am hoping to see some movement, either on my knife or the nessmucks.

No progress to report...we were out in the shop for an eternity yesterday (about 5 hours, which is a lot with 4 kids and 2 dogs). We made zero progress on my knife but got handle material for 6 of the nessmucks sawed out and Chris made this:

It is a lightweight chopper. It suffered the loss of its tip in heat treat so it is a little shorter than originally planned. Today is a church day so he probably won't do any work in the shop today. But our kids have music camp next week so I am hoping to see some movement, either on my knife or the nessmucks.

Just curious is Chris thinking/ever thought about signing up for the chopping competitions like Bladesports.org? I could name a half a dozen reasons why he should but here is three quick ones.....1)Publicity/Free advertisement: It has some of the biggest names in the custom knife industry competing and Big Chris belongs there and this helped them get there. 2) Talent/Physique: He makes some of the best knives out there and could seriously win and with those huge forearms/arms that would help him win too ( just being practical no man crush here....envy yes...I mean come on he gets to play with the best steel in the world and has the talent to wield it....who wouldn't be envious.) 3) Prototypes/Further knowledge: Not that he needs more knowledge but this would mean rubbing shoulders with other talented knife makers, exposure to more designs and pushing the limits of his own creations. It's just a thought and now hopefully Mrs Big Chris won't kill me for getting him involved with something else that is going to have him gone some weekend when she's off work....sorry in advance if he competes Mrs Big Chris!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin I am very interested in trying to get into the cutting competitions.
I have a few hurdles though.
One is sponsorship.
I on my own can not afford to travel to the various competitions around the country.
The second is the time that I would be away.
This would put a big strain on Mrs.Big Chris while trying to finish her doctoral studies.
Weekends are the main times that she has to do her homework.
Trust me when I say I am working on it.
I hope that in the very near future I can get my certification and possibly drive to some of the closer cuts to me.

When your wife finishes her doctorates I might be able to help with the sponsorship. Let me know when your ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back