Knife Name Input - Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanW

I have a fairly large run of Karambits in the works, I tossed the idea around at SHOT Show and have a few people / companies on board... Over dinner (And a few drinks) I have pinned down a name but need to get some input on how to put the "Text" on the blade

This started with the obvious (and over used) Raptor Claw that a karambit blade resembles. Here in Utah we are famous for the dinosaur Utah Raptor:

Utahraptor (meaning "Utah's predator"[1]) is a genus of theropod dinosaurs. It contains a single species, Utahraptor ostrommaysorum, which is the largest known member of the family Dromaeosauridae. Fossil specimens date to the upper Barremian stage of the early Cretaceous period

Most of the interest in this knife was in the Law Enforcement / Military world as a secondary weapon in defense of their primary weapon.
Scenario: Someone tries to take over or gain control of an officers sidearm. This would involve Trapping the firearm in the holster with the right arm/hand. Drawing the Karambit with the left and using to neutralize the threat while keeping control of their firearm. The word "Trap" stood out so the name UTrap was born. This plays on the words "Utah Raptor" and "You Trap" My question is what is the best Text to relay this name

1. UTrap
2. Utrap
3. UT-Rap
4. U-Trap
5. UTRAP

Please take a minute and place your Vote!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back