"Knife Nuts"

My Father was a B.C. RCMP Officer he always said anything with a Blade longer than 6 inches has to be on your Belt in Plain View and Don't wear a knife in the Bar or the Airport or the Court House. I was warned of the Police Line oh give me your Knife and you can pick it up from the Station and 9 times out of 10 you'll go to get it and it's missing they can't find it. Challenge them say sure I will but you need to sign this paper that your responsible for it when I return to get it which at that point its too much hassle for them to try and trick you out of it. When I was younger My vehicle and my person was searched illegally items were removed so I filed a complaint with the ( Public Complaints Commission ) Against the Officer. The Police will never tell you that a Complaint can be filed. Always Remember Any Knife carried when asked is for utility use. If its being used for Defense make sure its only worth $10 -$30 Dollars because if you have to throw it away I'd rather throw a cheap knife away than a $100-$200 Dollar Knife.

Welcome. Not quite sure what brought this up, but a little reading will show that this is pretty well trod territory.
In future, a few things that help to get your point across.
Tell one story at a time, and separate facts from opinions.
When starting a thread, or joining one, try to make it clear if you are providing advice, looking to start a discussion, or asking a question. It helps people respond appropriately, and prevents some kinds of miscommunication.
Understand which details are important, for example, in Canada dealing with a local cop, or RCMP is quite different, as are different provinces, so that is important info to share. When something happened is important as well, at least what decade.
Be very careful about discussing things of a potentially illegal nature, advocating carrying a throw-away knife could be seen as premeditation, as well as advocating destruction of evidence, and I'm assuming, leaving the scene of a crime.
You also might want to share a bit about yourself, it makes it easier to give context to someone's thoughts if they are more than just text on a screen, but are coming from a person.

Back