Knife picks for various situations!

Ya I just checked them out. I'd have to go with an RMJ (or two) first, for the price. Still, that hammer above gets me all tingly.

There is a lot I really like about MBB. I agree with you, HK, very nice looking stuff. Definitely out of my price range, though.

Backpacking- 4.7
Car camping- 4.7
Food prep- 4.7
Fire prep- 4.7
Detail carving-2.7

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Chopping- new spec GSO 12 or 10. The old spec GSO-10 needs work.

Need one knife because I'm going on a television show and I need one good one. One, beautiful, all around, multi faceted knife. GSO 4.7.

Ok I'll play. Pics at a later time. As of now I own them all except the GSO 12 and 20CV 4.1 I have on order.

Hiking: CPK Field Knife, Izula, and Large Sebenza 21

Camping: GSO 4.1, Carothers Light Chopper, ESEE 6

SHTF: CPK LC, 20CV 4.1, RMJ Shrike

Zompocalypse: LC, FK, ESEE 6, GSO 12, Shrike. More than 3 but it's the zombie apocalypse so rules are out the window.

Very nice! The finish looks amazing. Can it open your beer???

Jeepers, those mbb pieces are 'spensive.
They sure are. I was able to get my one order in last year before they closed their books for taking on more orders. Within the time of a newsletter or two they stopped offering 5160 steel (what my knife is) and only advertised z-wear or other super steels while raising prices on every model by several hundred dollars. I had fantasized about owning more MBB stuff, but the cost now completely outbalances my desire for more.

They really are a great group of guys. When I win that Powerball I'll be right back to their ordering page.

Last edited:
Auricus, are you kidding me?! How thick is the steel stock on that thing?

The spine is really nice, I love the contours.

Very nice! The finish looks amazing. Can it open your beer???

They sure are. I was able to get my one order in last year before they closed their books for taking on more orders. Within the time of a newsletter or two they stopped offering 5160 steel (what my knife is) and only advertised z-wear or other super steels while raising prices on every model by several hundred dollars. I had fantasized about owning more MBB stuff, but the cost now completely outbalances my desire for more.

They really are a great group of guys. When I win that Powerball I'll be right back to their ordering page.
You can open almost anything . But it's not intended to open beers , that little thing on top of the spine where the blade starts is designed to lock the other fighter blade , awesome design from Busse

This are my 2 best knives
18056528_10211181224960549_8229305378660417516_o.jpg

Thanks for the replies, Auricus. I was thinking the steel in the handle looked thicker than even 1/3 of an inch. Regardless, it is still one sexy beast.

I appreciate the clarification on the design function. Makes sense as I look at it now.

Hiking: 4.1 in D3V or CPK FK, Necker M390 or Bark River Necker II, and Benchmade Northfork.
Backpacking: Depending on the overall conditions, whether it be snow or summer. Primary 4.1, 4.7, or 5.1, Secondary Necker M390, Barkie Necker II, Barkie Bushcrafter, and a folder. I always bring a Leatherman multi-tool and will bring a
Silky pocket boy or Gamboy depending, and a GF SF or WH.
SHTF: 5.1 or 7/7, 4.1 or CPK FK for backup, and a folder. Axe and saw depending on the overall scenario.
Zombies: Probably a Rodent 9 and a few others I have already listed. I should be able to find other tools off the dead people laying around or zombies that I shot.

Back