Knife Pics

There's a lot of really nice looking steel in this thread. That Tigress is amazing; like a yatagan-flavored weehawk Lum-style tanto.

I love my Outdoorsman, carry it nearly everyday. Need to get some pics of it being used. Impresses me more every time I use it. Thanks.
Congratulations on your own forum, makes it easier to follow the unbelievable work you do.

Last edited:
I have one of his busse re-dos, WOW, he is a master and oh yeah, scary sharp is an understatement...

Looks awesome........congrats.

Those edges are legendary, I wish I could have had some of my blades "baned" :D

I predict you will do great here.

Cerberus

I've seen your busse mods but never seen much of your knives. They look awesome! You don't see many glossy convex edges around the makers forums here. Great work. I especially like that mini Bowie!

Ban i'd like to see a small FB 'Utility', app. 5 1/2-7" OAL, with a blade that is not too wide, with some belly and good point for piercing. a blade that is 'stout' enough to poke around and cut most anything cuttable, but not so stout or thick to take away from being an excellent slicer as well. Slim not too bulky handle, maybe even of some nice hi end wood. topped off with a plain but really nice leather belt carry sheath.
Is this a possibility ?
roland

THey all look good man. THe Tigress, and the DIW BT4, and a matching santoku are on my wish list.

Beatiful work:thumbup:

Ban, do you think you can include specs and approx prices along with your knives? Mainly the type of steel and dimensions. I'd like to definitely add a few of your blades (like the kitchen/santoku/BT4 variant) to my collection, but I wouldn't want to pester you with quotes every time something peaks my interest.

Ban, do you think you can include specs and approx prices along with your knives? Mainly the type of steel and dimensions. I'd like to definitely add a few of your blades (like the kitchen/santoku/BT4 variant) to my collection, but I wouldn't want to pester you with quotes every time something peaks my interest.

Point taken. I will work on that. Thanks for the feedback.

Santoku
5056780892_1c93667b3a_b.jpg

Kitchen Knife
5040543661_bbd5646a2d_b.jpg

Guys, if my wife sees these knives, I can kiss that Kimber Elite good-bye for Christmas . . :)
Ban, these truly are a work of art, & you deserve all the alcolades everyone has given you. Great shots of some great knives.
Be safe.

I really like how you 'play' with grinds. You are doing things differently than most makers and it is showing as a trait across your blades. Some really cool ideas/concepts and great lines on the grinds overall.

A n00b question, but is there a particular type of task or trait where the chisel grind configuration (aside from chiseling) accels?

I really like how you 'play' with grinds. You are doing things differently than most makers and it is showing as a trait across your blades. Some really cool ideas/concepts and great lines on the grinds overall.

A n00b question, but is there a particular type of task or trait where the chisel grind configuration (aside from chiseling) accels?

Chisel grinds typically have a smaller included angle and therefore can get ultrasharp. They are somewhat specialized because long deep cuts tends to veer towards one direction. Having said that I still like it for my smaller SD oriented knives. Ultrasharp is a big plus for me. Plus it looks cool to me. :D:thumbup:

Back