Knife Rights Promises A Sharper Future - Join Now!

i heard that the NRA was starting a knife rights section so I gave them a call and explained that I was primarily interested in getting the fed anti- switchblade law done away with as after that most of the states might follow suit.
I was blown off and told if that was my primary interest then their organization was probably not the right place for me as that would be too difficult to do.
I agreed and went away.

When i was a boy growing up in Sheffield, every man and boy and a good few women carried a pocket knife, it was such a good tool, and good for so many things.
But the change in fashion and all the junk we carry in our pockets , put it into decline, and over the last 10 years, the Health and saftey police, have just about made it impossible to carry even a modest size pocket or pen knife in the street.
The newspapers got on the bandwaggon with pictures of survival knives and collectors knives, asking how or why any one would need such a weapon ?
Of course it was and i guess still is the case that most knife attatcks are of the domestic type when a husband or wife, reaches for the kitchen knife !
So we try to stop under 18's buying kitchen knives now !
I could never see how a young thug would spend $200 on a hunting knife, to risk having it taken away by the police, when a few cent kitchen knife, or the DIY type knife with snap of blades is so much cheaper and easier to carry !

So if you want to keep on owning and carrying knives , you need to stand up now or it will be too late like it is in the UK.
:(

I just signed up as a member of knife rights today! What a great organization to support.

When i was a boy growing up in Sheffield, every man and boy and a good few women carried a pocket knife, it was such a good tool, and good for so many things.
But the change in fashion and all the junk we carry in our pockets , put it into decline, and over the last 10 years, the Health and saftey police, have just about made it impossible to carry even a modest size pocket or pen knife in the street.
The newspapers got on the bandwaggon with pictures of survival knives and collectors knives, asking how or why any one would need such a weapon ?
Of course it was and i guess still is the case that most knife attatcks are of the domestic type when a husband or wife, reaches for the kitchen knife !
I could never see how a young thug would spend $200 on a hunting knife, to risk having it taken away by the police, when a few cent kitchen knife, or the DIY type knife with snap of blades is so much cheaper and easier to carry !

So if you want to keep on owning and carrying knives , you need to stand up now or it will be too late like it is in the UK.

ugh that pains me to here. my dad is around from your parts and when i turned 16 he gave me my first proper knife. it was his cadets EDC made at the local factory, still emblazoned with "sheffield" at the hilt of its blade, with a sheepskin leather wrap, hell of a blade(maybe more sentimental:)). i hope u guys dont ban knives...i would love to get a sheffield to give to my son one day.

hey i,m new to this site and have been carring a knife since i was about 6 i,m 58 now. to me a knife is the differance between sitting at a table eating or squatted down knawing meat off a bone, it,s are the most essential tool a man can carry. a good sharp knife and a dog will get you through a lot of life.

NH is going well: From email today from Doug Ritter:

This News Slice eBlast is emailed to Knife Rights members, those who have notified Knife Rights of their interest in the issues discussed and the news media. If you prefer not to receive these emails from Knife Rights, please email: remove@kniferights.org and ask to be removed.

Update on NH Knife Rights Bill

I am just back from New Hampshire where I testified in support of NH Rep. Jenn Coffey's Knife Rights Bill before the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee. Her bill to repeal prohibitions on switchblades, dirks, daggers and stilettos is moving forward. It appears that the bill will now be unencumbered by the penalty section when it moves forward (originally included for political expediency). We had no real issue with the penalty, but are pleased to see it removed, as we had hoped. Our strategy appears to be working well to this point. Below is Rep. Coffey's report on the hearing:

Knife Rights has started a fund-raising campaign to support this Knife Rights legislation. The lobbyist Rep. Coffey mentions isn't working for free and is key to successful passage of this bill. PLEASE, MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO THIS CAUSE. A victory in New Hampshire will help us all. Every state that removes restrictions on these knives is another nail in the coffin for such prohibitions and restrictions nationwide. Others states are watching what happens in New Hampshire. Help make this a new reality. Click to make your donation.

-------------------------

NH Rep. Jenn Coffey's Report

I am happy to report that the public hearing today in front of the Criminal Justice Committee went very well. The hearing was scheduled for a half hour and lasted over an hour. There where people that testified against the bill, but far more that testified in favor, with many more signing in with support.

There was key testimony offered by The Second Amendment Sisters, The New Hampshire Wildlife Federation, Pro-Gun New Hampshire and many others, All of the quotes of support, written testimony from Sword Forum and Suzanna Gratia Hupp as well as the articles from Blade Magazine, Women and Guns and the New Gun Week to name but a few, where entered into the record today as well.

Basically anyone who submitted a quote of support, wrote an article, or website posting was entered into the record so the committee could see the full scope of support the bill has. We far out weighed the opposition in numbers. Forgive me for not going into more detail and listing all of the names, but it has been a very long day and is now a late hour. However, I felt it important to report to all of you what occurred today.

In addition, we had two people who testified as to their criminal charges under the currently law and the effect it has had on their lives, costing them time, money, inventory, as well as the embarrassment of a criminal record due to the current law in New Hampshire.

I have to say that Doug Ritter was very impressive from Knife Rights and made a very good impression on the committee. His testimony was clear and to the point. I am thankful for not only his support and testimony but willingness to travel to New Hampshire to appear in front of the committee in person. To travel to New Hampshire in these trying fiscal times is admirable and not something easy to do. I know there are others who had hoped to do the same but understandably could not do so at this time.

It seems by all accounts that we can expect a favorable recommendation from the committee. If that happens for us we will know in a couple of weeks when they make their final recommendation. At that time approximately 1 week later the bill will come to the full House for a vote.

I am very thankful for all the support. It is crucial to keep it up especially when we get to the Senate. I believe that we have turned one of the major antagonist to our side in which case our testimony will be stronger.

My concern is that the Chiefs of Police did sign in supporting the bill today but may change their minds when it goes to the Senate as I am being told the House committee is amending the bill to remove the criminal penalties. My goal continues to be to lift the ban which is in the first section that is not being amended.

I was thankful to find that Knife Rights had hired not just a lobbyist, but one who carries an enormous amount of weight in both the House and the Senate, as well as the Governor's office. I hope they will be able to continue that effort in this crucial time.

We are on a good footing at present but perseverance and support is key to lifting this ban. It is important to note that if the bill passes it will make New Hampshire not only legal for switchblades, dirks, daggers and stilettos but they will be legal to carry, possess, sell and trade without restriction or need for a license to carry!

Making New Hampshire truly a knife rights state!

Again thank you and I hope I can count on you for continued support.

Regards,
Representative Jenn Coffey

Knife Rights has started a fund-raising campaign to support this Knife Rights legislation. The lobbyist Rep. Coffey mentions isn't working for free and is key to successful passage of this bill. PLEASE, MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO THIS CAUSE. A victory in New Hampshire will help us all. Every state that removes restrictions on these knives is another nail in the coffin for such prohibitions and restrictions nationwide. Others states are watching what happens in New Hampshire. Help make this a new reality. Click to make your donation.

--------------------------------------------------------

Knife Rights on Twitter

Follow Knife Rights on Twitter and receive the latest updates and notices as soon as they occur: http://twitter.com/KnifeRights

--------------------------------------------------------

Knife Rights has quickly grown to become America's largest grassroots knife owners organization. This latest fight against Customs Pocket Knife Grab has validated the power and importance of a dedicated grass roots organization in defending your knife rights. Invest in a Sharper Future™. Become a Knife Rights member and make a contribution to support the fight for your knife rights.

Join or Renew your Knife Rights membership today! http://tinyurl.com/qnu988

I joined Knife Rights because the "right" is doing nothing for knife owners without pressure from special interest groups, like Knife Rights, and the "left" doesn't care about the issue either, as far as I can tell. They did good work in AZ and UT, they are a needed and proven organization. The NRA doesn't care about knives, just guns. Without Knife Rights, we knife carriers are on our own.

Last edited:
i'm in, but i don't get why people blame the left. i've always had the impression that the conservative right creates and maintains stringent regulations on weapons in order to keep lower socio-economic classes and minorities in jail. i mean...just take a look at who actually gets caught and prosecuted for violating anti-weapon laws.

Not to get into a right vs left debate. But you may want to to do some research. Conservatives have always been at the forefront and leading force for civil rights.
Republicans freed the slaves against liberal Democrats opposition.
It was Republicans who fought against liberal Democrats opposition to grant people of color the right to own property.
Republicans won civil rights for blacks against liberal Democrats opposition.
Republicans got people of color the right to vote against liberal Democrats opposition.
Republicans supported women's right to vote against liberal Democrats opposition.
Republicans integrated schools against liberal Democrats opposition.
Republicans passed the civil rights bill against liberal Democrats opposition.
Republicans who supported Heller in Heller vs DC against liberal Democrats opposition.
It was Republicans who supported McDonald in McDonald vs Illinois against liberal Democrats opposition.
I am not a Republican and the Republican party has strayed from its roots it has traditionally been the party that supports limited government, the Bill Of Rights and civil liberties. Other examples can be found at Black and Right but I suggest that you not trust what anyone says. Look up the voting record of each party for your self. Forget the propaganda go see for yourself what each party has actually done

happy to announce i joined at the NYCKS a few weeks ago. hopefully laws here in NYC will be changed in the near future

Thank you ~CRITTER~ for the Links an Post! I have been meandering around the blade forum posting an asking if there was a orgnaization that protects Knife Rights. Heres some of my post & sceniros.

I remember back in the day when I got on a flight to Fort Lauderdale out of Bostons Logan Airport 1975 wearing my BUCK 110 in my sheath on my belt and they didn't even blink an eye boarding. How things have changed.......

Sad to say but here in Massachusetts I don't wear a BUCK in a sheath anymore its just to risky! I just wear a LEATHERMAN WAVE "even the WAVE poses a risk by me or percieved threat by law enforcement an the public" but I don't want to be shot dead. Once coming home from DEER hunting It was late and dark and did'nt feel like cooking at home. So I stopped at a local PIE shop and hadn't taken off my VANGUARD knife of my belt, a local cop but not from my town next town over..The COP walked in for his order and did nothing but stare at the knife the whole time until I walked out of the Pizzaria......they have a new rule here now before they will use deadly force its 25 feet....they shot a kid dead in Southbridge MA who had a knife on him, don't get me wrong the kid had issues, but he was a whole 15 Yards+ about 30 feet away from the officers. lesson here in Massachsuetts "don't bring a knife to a gun fight" So I don't open carry in public no more.....only fishing and even the Evoirmental Police are getting out of hand.

I sometimes keep a mini shrade that looks exactly like a 110 in an altoids size plastic box with lures in my pocket but thats about it! we also here have to worry about concealed in your pocket or any place else an length. No more than the length of their palm wide. We have G.O.A.L. here maybe we need a KNIFE OWNER ACTION LEAGUE.....LOL and by the way weapon of choice now & on the rise here in Massachusetts is a MACHETE! by criminals & guess from what countries. Here in Massachusetts they allow self defense only with NERF BATS.....LOL

Its a sad affair for sure to live here now.
I posted yesterday about "moving to Idaho" at one point, when someone posted on the forum about going on a road trip to see the BUCK factory Idaho,
I Love there american spirit! I thought I was dreaming [yesterday] the LIBERAL MASSACHUSETTS SUPREME COURT ruled in favor that you can use GOD in the "Pledge of Allegiance" thats it not establishing religion or indoctrinating you, I still hold out hope for my ancestors who came with the GENEVA bible under their arms off the MAYFLOWER in Plimoth MA theres way to save what they started here. The TOWN MEETING HOUSE was Multi purpose for take care of town business an on sundays have prayer and worship.

Imagine the most basic of survival tools "a knife" you can't wear openly with out risk of bodily harm by the state.
Look at what we have become, a "NERF" bat is your only line of defense & forget about guns! even if you use legally protecting your family home you will get a few on a 12 man jury here who are LIBERAL and want to hang you......I have been told this straight out by some of my town police officers & [Luckily] we have a great Police Chief, but the D.A.'s forget about it they will press charges no matter if it was a lawful self defense case in your home. So my L.T.C. license to carry is pretty much null & void! except for hunting seasons and thats getting "touch & go" They busted someone I knew just after he came out of the woods at dusk LEGAL as he was heading back towards his truck on a dirt rd Rural for carrying a shotgun with out a trigger lock on it.....Reasoning by law enforcement "YOUR NOT IN THE PROCESS OF HUNTING" your going to your vehicle. I was stunned??????????????? I will not come out fo the woods an step foot on a road with out any trigger lock on any firearm anymore......Growing up here I thought being LIBERAL in the truest sense of the form meant MORE PERSONAL FREEDOMS! Not so....

Personal freedoms are slowly going away, it's only a matter of time as the population grows, but the longer that we can hold on to it the better.

I've been a member of Knife Rights for so many years I can't remember when I started. They ARE the "NFL" of knives. Watched their many successes across many states over those years. Thanks to Knife Rights hard work, people in Illinois have been carrying automatic knives since 2017. Their recent win over New York's gravity knife laws which were unjustly imprisoning people was monumental. Took them many years but they never gave up. Excellent organization with excellent results.

When I was in grade school many joined the Cub Scouts. A Cub Scouts pocket knife was considered part of the uniform. We learned to use our pocket knives to whittle properly and to safely carve a "Pine Wood Derby Car" out of a block of wood. We wore our Cub Scout uniforms to school once a month to attend Pack Meetings in the auditorium after school. So ten to fifteen Cub Scouts were carrying pocket knives in class and auditorium each month and nobody thought anything about it. Never a problem.

Knife Rights needs YOU! I can think of no excuse why every member of this forum doesn't join Knife Rights. You represent the core knife owner and user around which we can build a powerful advocacy group. Please join today at www.KnifeRights.org/membership

Since 2010 we have achieved unprecedented success with 31 bills enacted repealing knife bans in 22 states and over 100 cites and towns. Knife Rights has led the charge, getting it done for knife owners in the legislatures and the courts.

Go to www.KnifeRights.org to join or dial toll-free: 866-889-6268.
i joined!

Count me in!! Thanks for the info. Need all the help we can get especially in larger cities in the more crappy states like N.Y. Be nice to see some uniformity instead of a different law for every step we take.

Back