• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

KnifeArt Shoppers

Hello I've been eyeballing a rather pricey Chris Reeve knife over at KnifeArt ( have sent two emails so far but no response. ) I wanted to forward the question to this community. If they have what appears to be at one point original pictures of the knife up ( not stock photos ), but the product has a review and is listed as in " critically low stock, " common sense dictates to me that means the photos listed are not of the exact product I will receive, correct?

It's a knife with a specific wood inlay so I would like to see it ( again asked them in email and am waiting for a reply with images if this is the case ) but it's preventing me from considering the KnifeArt store whatsoever. Thanks.

Why not just call them...?

Because I'm not aware of any holographic telephone device that would allow me to see the blades? They also have an email contact channel on their store that I would prefer to use ( which I have days ago, and again today. )

I emailed them some questions over a month ago and still haven't heard back. They did add me to their mailing list, so I started getting their spam. So that was awesome.

I ended up ordering the knife from another dealer that was more responsive. If they can't be bothered with customer service before they get your money how do you think their customer service is going to be once they have nothing to gain by responding to you? I wasn't willing to find out.

I emailed them some questions over a month ago and still haven't heard back. They did add me to their mailing list, so I started getting their spam. So that was awesome.

I ended up ordering the knife from another dealer that was more responsive. If they can't be bothered with customer service before they get your money how do you think their customer service is going to be once they have nothing to gain by responding to you? I wasn't willing to find out.

Exactly what I was worried about... and funny enough I too have received their spam immediately ( but never a response. ) Your post literally hit every nail on the head.

Because I'm not aware of any holographic telephone device that would allow me to see the blades? They also have an email contact channel on their store that I would prefer to use ( which I have days ago, and again today. )
His point was to call them and ask them your question instead of asking us. That said, no email response is not good.

His point was to call them and ask them your question instead of asking us. That said, no email response is not good.

Yes and I apologize if I seemed short, I just already thought of doing that, but I really don't like talking to people on the phone ( especially when I would have to provide email to show me the pictures anyway, thus going right back to where I started. ) By comparison I have contacted other knife stores ( which have since received my business, imagine that ! ) and they literally responded within the day ( a matter of hours. )

I guess at least this serves as a possible red flag for those who may need to deal with customer service and planned to buy first and ask questions later.

Edit- * It's also more informative for myself interacting with those who don't benefit monetarily from the process, and being I can cross reference my experience with others to determine that it's probably not worth shopping there regardless of how pretty the photo looks.

Last edited:
I've now bought two knives from Knife Art, paid with PayPal and shipped USPS priority. I'm sure if I wanted another CRK that wasn't exclusive to another dealer I'd buy from them again.

I've purchased 3 CRKs from them with great experience. I asked a question via email on one of them and got a response right away. Very strange. Maybe they are on a month vacation lol.

Exactly what I was worried about... and funny enough I too have received their spam immediately ( but never a response. ) Your post literally hit every nail on the head.
Strange I've had this experience with 2 dealers the last few weeks who are normally quite responsive (including one who has remained active on the forums during the time I've been emailing and pm'n him). I was thinking maybe they are busy preparing for blade?

For sure call the number. I find those little contact generators on web pages to be unreliable.

As for seeing the actual item there is Skype or they can email or post additional pics (maybe).

I've bought from them and it went fine so I never needed to talk to them.

Hello I've been eyeballing a rather pricey Chris Reeve knife over at KnifeArt ( have sent two emails so far but no response. ) I wanted to forward the question to this community. If they have what appears to be at one point original pictures of the knife up ( not stock photos ), but the product has a review and is listed as in " critically low stock, " common sense dictates to me that means the photos listed are not of the exact product I will receive, correct?

It's a knife with a specific wood inlay so I would like to see it ( again asked them in email and am waiting for a reply with images if this is the case ) but it's preventing me from considering the KnifeArt store whatsoever. Thanks.

KnivesShipFree/DLT Trading individually photograph each inlaid knife so they might be a better option in this case.

For sure call the number. I find those little contact generators on web pages to be unreliable.

As for seeing the actual item there is Skype or they can email or post additional pics (maybe).

I've bought from them and it went fine so I never needed to talk to them.

Alright will do, last thing I want to do is limit myself when I do not have to, or give the impression they aren't on the ball when / if they are. I did happen to use the contact generator instead of directly typing the contact email ( if the email is listed? ) So if this is the case I can at least inform them of it to see if it's a technical issue or not.

If this is the case, I will literally edit my entire posts throughout to reflect reality. I am somewhat antisocial but also a businessman, and would never want to harm reputation unwarranted, in fact by the sound of it I may be able to help bring some technical issue to their attention ( unanswered built in contact form on their site, *if it is truly technical.* ) This would indeed help sales.

Last edited:
Back in 12 or 13 I missed the carbon fiber slab on the insingo I was wanting quite badly... I called knifearts customer service line to ask when they would expect the next shipment of knives. A Mr Conley answered the phone and after my question said " next time you call buy something".
My greed for the knife led to the purchase but that is the last one I'll make from knifeart.

Back in 12 or 13 I missed the carbon fiber slab on the insingo I was wanting quite badly... I called knifearts customer service line to ask when the would expect the next shipment of the knives would be in. A Mr Conley answered the phone and after my question said " next time you call buy something".
My greed for the knife led to the purchase but that is the last one I'll make from knifeart.

This is disheartening, but I will still call and post my experience here when I get the chance. I'm sorry for your experience. I wonder who Mr Conley is regarding status of employment.

Thank you for your contribution here willard, a customer should never be treated this way. The optimistic side of me hopes That Conley isn't high up on the food chain over at KnifeArt, or was simply having a bad day? The realist / pessimist side of me simply sees another red flag. :(

So far KnivesShipFree and GPKnives have always been very kind to me and I wanted to add another go to store to my list as I'm a good customer, I haven't given up until I contact them on the phone as I promised. I'll report back here but this thread may sit idle ( at least by my posts ) for a day or so until I have my report.

Last edited:
Strange I've had this experience with 2 dealers the last few weeks who are normally quite responsive (including one who has remained active on the forums during the time I've been emailing and pm'n him). I was thinking maybe they are busy preparing for blade?

Saw this and immediately realized I am the one you are talking about! Sorry about that!

As to the OP and his initial question. I don't know anyone at Knife Art so I can not say what their particular situation is. I am sure they are not intentionally ignoring a potential sale. It is possible your email could be going in their spam. It is also possible that someone just missed something or meant to get back to it later when they had their camera up, and then got busy with something else and accidentally forgot. Shoot them another email and let them know about all the other attempts. Hopefully they will get back to you soon.

He maybe the nicest guy in 3 counties, I probably just caught him at a bad moment. It has soured me from the company though. Enjoy your knife!

He maybe the nicest guy in 3 counties, I probably just caught him at a bad moment. It has soured me from the company though. Enjoy your knife!

Haven't purchased anything yet but I'm enjoying my sebenza at the moment haha. Anyways I appreciate your time. It would indeed sour me too.

Back