• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

KnifeArt Shoppers

All the best
Well good grief with more grief on top forgive me KBA but it is odd to chime in with your previous statement only to end with " well I had no idea why " after your statement. I was hoping some generalities could re-grief your memory, apparently not. Have a good day.
Well good grief with more grief on top forgive me KBA but it is odd to chime in with your previous statement only to end with " well I had no idea why " after your statement. I was hoping some generalities could re-grief your memory, apparently not. Have a good day.

At the time post 11 from a respected mod swayed me to shop else where. I never said I wouldnt shop there in the future, Ive just never needed too. No offense taken earlier. I was at the gym and didnt have time. All the best.

http://bladeforums.com/threads/knifeart-com-experience.806363/

All the best

At the time post 11 from a respected mod swayed me to shop else where. I never said I wouldnt shop there in the future, Ive just never needed too. No offense taken earlier. I was at the gym and didnt have time. All the best.

http://bladeforums.com/threads/knifeart-com-experience.806363/

Although I understand your hesitation ( here), I believe I would be one of those " picky " customers myself regarding 500 dollar knives.

I also did not mean to be offensive or imply you were making anything up, as it appears to me that the moderators experience matches others almost exactly, and your hesitation ( for where you spend your money ) was warranted, thanks for the link.

Last edited:
Never had any direct experience with KnifeArt but bought a Large Sebbie here on the forum which was stated as NIB which when received I could concur with. A known issue was disclosed by the seller about such KA-CRK exclusives which I would've been fine with till the next SPA treatment back at Boise. However, that sample was not even smooth and if I was retailing that knife, it would not have left my premises and would've just been returned to Boise, ID as a dud. The seller did offer to take it back, but I just decided to send back to CRK myself since I had already opened it to troubleshoot and found the washers ti be iffy looking! Therefore I called CRK's CS and was told to send it to them for warranty work and tune up to what should've been the tight factory specs and tolerances which they are famous for.

After reading through this thread, I will not do any business with K.A. either.

I have purchased from KA in the past (no problems whatsoever) and may reconsider purchasing from them in the future.

As others may have mentioned, if you just want someone pick any old knife off the shelf to send you and you want fast shipping, it appears Knifeart is fine (just hope there are no issues with the knife). However, if you expect anything more there are better dealers. Keep in mind, almost every single knife dealer you can buy a CRK from will ship same day or next, so even that isn't exceptional when it happens. New Graham (for excelling customer service) will forever get first crack at selling me a CRK and those other dealers that place photos on their site.

However, if you expect anything more [than any old knife off the shelf..and...fast shipping] there are better dealers.
Exactly. The prospect of suspect questionable customer service when issues arise is a reasonable deterrence to purchasing from KA.

Never dealt with KA. Have read a few of these threads in regards to their CS.
My favorite dealer by far, Justin at White Mountain on eBay, has opened up every single knife I have gotten from him......probably more that 35 knives. We got to know each other pretty well and he knows the kind of stuff I like and what I expect in regards to F&F.
He is a one man operation that does a sterling job at making his customers happy.
I always give him the first shot at anything I'm looking for. I would even pay a little extra for that kind of service.
Pricing is pretty even across the board for most dealers, so I look for the best customer service and spend way too much money there!!
Joe

Why not just call them...?

^ It appears that for some people, the art of human interaction, and actually speaking with another live human being, is no longer the norm. :confused:

I really don't like talking to people on the phone ( especially when I would have to provide email to show me the pictures anyway

^ I don't mean to be rude, however, if you would take the time to read what you post, then do some introspection, maybe it would help for you to open your eyes and possibly try different channels of communication. If emails aren't working for you, try picking up a telephone. :)

In your own word's: you don't like talking to people on the phone, and you're anti-social...

neither one of these personality traits, are helpful when conducting any type of business.

I can appreciate that everyone here is different; with that stated, I've had dozen's of transaction on this forum, where I wouldn't have done business with the other party, unless we had a direct line of back and forth communication via the phone (so I can a better sense of whom I'm dealing with). I don't have the time to spend an all day back and forth via email, when I can easily pick up a phone, have a back and forth and get the answers I need in one shot.

Just this last week I picked up the phone, & called, CRK, ZT, Josh Lee, and Jason Brous. We had very productive conversations. I also spoke with probably a half dozen member's from BladeForums.

It makes completing a possible transaction so much easier- at least for me! And the customer service I receive, is always excellent, and very personable. :thumbsup:

KSF has been the closest to this service I've seen online in the knife world, I've heard great things about GPKnives and a few other stores.

Two very personable, exceptional knife dealer's, along with excellent customer service from their staff. :thumbsup:
Whenever I do business with either of these companies, part of the enjoyment of doing business with them, is interacting and getting to know them.

I'm going to guess that it's because they now have tens of thousands of emails daily asking what spinners are in stock and which one spins the longest. :D

^ :D :thumbsup:

^^^^ I refuse to base my future knife dealing's, solely on information that I read on the internet; written by some complete random stranger. There's always 2 sides to every story. Some people are very poor communicator's (email or phone); and when you hear or read their version of how everything went down... it's funny how they forget to factor the little nuances in the way they communicate: tone, inflection, rudeness, & downright offensive language.

There are way too many negative thread's posted on this forum, attacking many reputable dealer's/maker's. Thankfully, I've never had a negative experience where I've felt the need to start a thread.

One reputable dealer I've seen being personally attacked on more than one occasion here, is True North Knives (Neil Ostroff). It's always fascinating reading these thread's. The OP's typically post a chain of events (that if it were true), could potentially put TNK out of business.

Once Neil, weighs in and posts factual evidence of how the situation really unfolded (which is usually a 100% contradiction from the OP), the OP loses face, never to be seen or heard from again.

It's then, usually left up to the Mod's to clean up the mess, and edit the OP's defaming thread title.

^ It appears that for some people, the art of human interaction, and actually speaking with another live human being, is no longer the norm. :confused:

^ I don't mean to be rude, however, if you would take the time to read what you post, then do some introspection, maybe it would help for you to open your eyes and possibly try different channels of communication. If emails aren't working for you, try picking up a telephone. :)

In your own word's: you don't like talking to people on the phone, and you're anti-social...

neither one of these personality traits, are helpful when conducting any type of business.

I can appreciate that everyone here is different; with that stated, I've had dozen's of transaction on this forum, where I wouldn't have done business with the other party, unless we had a direct line of back and forth communication via the phone (so I can a better sense of whom I'm dealing with). I don't have the time to spend an all day back and forth via email, when I can easily pick up a phone, have a back and forth and get the answers I need in one shot.

Just this last week I picked up the phone, & called, CRK, ZT, Josh Lee, and Jason Brous. We had very productive conversations. I also spoke with probably a half dozen member's from BladeForums.

It makes completing a possible transaction so much easier- at least for me! And the customer service I receive, is always excellent, and very personable. :thumbsup:

Two very personable, exceptional knife dealer's, along with excellent customer service from their staff. :thumbsup:
Whenever I do business with either of these companies, part of the enjoyment of doing business with them, is interacting and getting to know them.

^ :D :thumbsup:

^^^^ I refuse to base my future knife dealing's, solely on information that I read on the internet; written by some complete random stranger. There's always 2 sides to every story. Some people are very poor communicator's (email or phone); and when you hear or read their version of how everything went down... it's funny how they forget to factor the little nuances in the way they communicate: tone, inflection, rudeness, & downright offensive language.

There are way too many negative thread's posted on this forum, attacking many reputable dealer's/maker's. Thankfully, I've never had a negative experience where I've felt the need to start a thread.

One reputable dealer I've seen being personally attacked on more than one occasion here, is True North Knives (Neil Ostroff). It's always fascinating reading these thread's. The OP's typically post a chain of events (that if it were true), could potentially put TNK out of business.

Once Neil, weighs in and posts factual evidence of how the situation really unfolded (which is usually a 100% contradiction from the OP), the OP loses face, never to be seen or heard from again.

It's then, usually left up to the Mod's to clean up the mess, and edit the OP's defaming thread title.

I do make phone calls, in fact i called Chris Reeve Knives for input before I made my first purchase and spoke to a very wonderful woman. I also make phone calls daily for business and personal, and it is absolutely not your business how much or why I choose to communicate in the methods I do.

If you continued with the quote that you cherry picked to embolden you would see the reason I preferred to contact the company by email, other than the fact I chose it as my preferred method, was because I needed photographs of said knife I wished to purchase, and if they were unable to provide me with an email in the first place ( which surprised me as countless other stores who have received my business responded promptly, ) then calling would be somewhat counterintuitive seeing as they would have to eventually email me the images regardless.

Furthermore, I don't remember asking you for your judgment on my personality traits ( However something tells me that you rather enjoyed that part, ) nor do I think this is your place or your concern.

I also do recall stating ( along with others who without coordination reported the exact same or very similar experience, ) that no email within a matter of weeks, while other stores do within a matter of hours is sometimes "enough" in the twenty first century.

Your condescending tone and just down right defensive attitude make me question what you wanted to gain by posting this here in the first place? Besides of course a pep in your step and a rise out of me.

It appears to me based off your membership status and trade record, as well as profile date you've been around here for quite a while, and while you may feel comfortable speaking freely, and while this undoubtedly is your right to do so, I also have the right to tell you what I think, as well as disapprove of the messages you chose to direct towards me.

I will also end with this, this thread was never intended to be a good, bad, and ugly thread, ( go read through it and see for yourself ) it was a simple question on my behalf ( a right I have as a member of bladeforums and a potential customer ) which started as a general thread about a knife, and snowballed into one - a feedback thread, that should be telling enough.

The fact is this, all I did was mention the name, state a question, and people chose to state their experiences ( some bad, some good, some ugly. ) Just like I have had to deal with your post, ( as it is your right to post whatever you wish as long as it's somewhat relevant and within the community guidelines, ) it is also these customers right to post their experiences.

The fact you even dare to compare my thread to other " attack " threads as you put it, tells me you most likely have something personal to gain or defend from your time spent here, or you have too much time on your hands to begin with.

I also don't care for people who state " I don't mean to be rude " then go on to be rude. At least own it like a man.

Last edited:
Back