• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

KnifeCenter Pre-Order Question...

For those that have pre-ordered from KnifeCenter, I'm curious how how reliable they are?
Any issues or problems?
I'm thinking about pre-ordering a knife that's soon to be released, and I'd like to know of any issues going in.
Thanks!

I've done a lot of business with Knife Center and always had good luck. I typically don't do pre-orders anywhere because I'll inevitably pick the vendor who's last to get the knife, lol. Dealer exclusives would be fine to pre-order, I guess, but not a production knife that will be available anywhere.

Ive had a few knifecenter issues. Such as overselling of limited editions and taking preorders for limited run knives they couldnt ever possibly hope to fill. Thats my only gripe. If they get your knife and your name comes up you will get it. But the problem is they dont limit how many preorders they take. And you have no idea where you are in line. 90% of the time when i did do a preorder i found the knife in stock somewhere else long before my preorder ever got filled. In a couple instances i missed out on certain knives because i looked at that preorder as a sure thing and passed on other retailers. Id say its fine but if you see it pop up elsewhere buy it and then cancel your preorder.

Ive had a few knifecenter issues. Such as overselling of limited editions and taking preorders for limited run knives they couldnt ever possibly hope to fill. Thats my only gripe. If they get your knife and your name comes up you will get it. But the problem is they dont limit how many preorders they take. And you have no idea where you are in line. 90% of the time when i did do a preorder i found the knife in stock somewhere else long before my preorder ever got filled. In a couple instances i missed out on certain knives because i looked at that preorder as a sure thing and passed on other retailers. Id say its fine but if you see it pop up elsewhere buy it and then cancel your preorder.

Thanks, that's good advice!

They will indeed overbook preorders. Like PURPLEDC said, this can cause a problem with limited edition releases. But with a regular release, this will not be a problem other than them preorderding more than their initial shipment resulting in a wait. They are a reputable and trusted retailer though. I would preorder with them if the price is right. I remember preordering a ZT0562 from them for $170. It was quite a wait, meanwhile i saw others getting their knives. but at that price it was worth the extra wait. For purchases, knifecenter is a good trusted retailer.

My only gripe is that if the order is very expensive they have to use UPS, which I've had negative past experiences with. I often end up having to pay extra for them to use UPS Surepost which is basically UPS giving my order to the local post office for them to deliver to me. Beyond that that I love that site, usually has the lowest prices and they never charge you until they ship your order, and when they do ship your order they send you an E-Mail with tracking info so you can know when and how it will arrive.

Just because your on the preorder list doesn't garentee you'll get that knife. And you may pass up opportunities from other companies. I don't do the preorder thing anymore.

Never had an issue with a Knifecenter preorder but have never preordered a limited rfelease knife.

Back